Monday, May 21, 2012

Here a Chair, There a Chair


Sometimes an idea just pops into my head.
And I want to run with it.
But, I know I probably won’t.
Mainly because I have 3 kids and don’t have time to paint my nails, much less 25 chairs, but also because I don’t know what I would do with my current chairs.
I loathe my chairs. They are actual nice chairs. They are in good condition. There isn’t anything actually wrong with them except that they are red and they are a pet peeve of mine for that reason alone.
This year I solved the “red chair problem” with fabric book covers and a chair cushions that were the deal of the century at IKEA.  Unfortunately, the cushions have lasted the year, but are hanging on by a thread and won’t be returning in the fall.
For whatever reason, I got it into my head today that I want to replace all of my classroom chairs with mismatched wooden chairs painted in a bunch of cool colors.

{photo source: check out this blog for more classroom pics...
her room is adorable & I heart the lockers}

{photo source}


And in my search for pictures I found this photo of 2 different style chairs painted a shiny black and that would look amazing in my room.

I would LOVE these in my room.
{photo source}

And how stinking cute would they be with chalkboard paint to write the students name on them?
The answer...too cute!

{photo source}


But, like I said, the reality of me doing this is slim.
So I thought I’d throw it out here so one of you can do it.
And I can live vicariously through you.
Thanks bunches! :)

Be sure to follow my blog and store  and Facebook Page for notification of the FreebiesClick here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.

9 comments:

  1. Love these ideas! My students use ball chairs and I love it! It adds color, lessens the noise, and they want to sit!!
    Blessings,

    Jessica Stanford
    Mrs. Stanford's Class Blog is Having a Giveaway!
    My TpT Store

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun. We have quite boring blue metal chairs. In an unrealistic world I have thought about making covers for all of them....

    Laurie
    Chickadee Jubilee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the different coloured chairs! I have the blue metal chairs and alternative seating (student sized rockers, ball chairs, and almost like mini office chairs) for the students. For the pop of colour, I have a wooden teacher chair that I painted and wrote/painted nursery rhymes on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, LOVE these ideas. I so wish I had the creative gene (and desire) to put the work into doing this. It would make my classroom so beautiful and awesome!!!

    Cynthia
    2nd Grade Pad

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, this would be amazing!!! I especially love the idea of having chalkboard paint on the back!!! Ahhh, if only I could do this! Our chairs are an ugly brown... blec! At least they aren't red, so they kinda blend in and don't draw too much attention, but still! Having different bright colored chairs would be amazing!!! Wonder if anywhere has a really good deal on wooden chairs for teachers?? :)

    Molly
    Lessons with Laughter

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea! If only I could afford all those wooden chairs AND find a place to store my current ones haha! We can dream though can't we?! :) Great post!

    Second Grade Sugar and Spice

    ReplyDelete
  7. When you finish yours, can you come do mine?!? My kids chairs are a blah-colored brown. So boring. I would love to have so many bright colors in my room!

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG I was so surprise to read your blog today and see a picture of my writing center with the colorful chairs. I am so honored to be on your blog.

    Thanks for making my day!
    Sue
    theverybusykindergarten :)

    ReplyDelete