Friday, April 20, 2012

Send in the Clowns - Sarasota virtual vacation


Although I am away on vacation, you are with me in spirit. Follow along with my daily itinerary and snag the deal of the day that relates to it.

As for the deal of the day:



Th

While I'm away I'm "rerunning" some of my former posts that relate to the beach. Throughout the month of June, I ran aClassroom Theme Seriesand featured a different popular classroom themeeach day. Themes are a great way to tie everything in your classroom together...you just have to be careful not to let them clutter your classroom :)


Today we're enjoying some time in the Sarasota area. And it just so happens to be home to the Ringling Brothers museum. Which makes for a wonderful opportunity to replay some circus/carnival ideas. What a fun theme this would be. You can check out my Carnival / Circus theme pack here.





I would have thought these would have been easy themes to compile, but alas there wasn't much out there. If you have (or no of) any great circus/carnival theme ideas or pictures let me know and I'll add them here.


Come One, Come All to the Greatest School Year on Earth

We're Nuts About ______ (with elephant and circus peanuts)

Clowning Around (display with silly pictures of the students)

Flying High in ____ Grade (trapeze)










Tilt-o-Word (Vocabulary/Spelling Board)
Popcorn Words (Word Wall)

Award tickets for good behavior or other incentives.

Keep your eye on the prize!

Target Skills (w/ bullseye)

_____ Grade: A Ride of a Lifetime"

Step Right Up to _______ Grade!

Welcome to the Big Top





Juggling Jobs (job chart bb with pic of juggler)

"We Don't Clown Around in ________ Grade- (behavior board)

"______ is a real treat!"- display w/carnival food pics (cotton candy, popcorn, hot dogs, etc.)

"_________ Makes the World Go 'Round!"- w/pic of ferris wheel

"Get in the Game of Learning!"- display w/carnival game pics


Keep a Winning Attitude!"- behavior bb w/pics of carnival kids w/prizes

Make a ring of fire by taping tissue (red, orange and yellow) to a hula hoop and attaching to the wall.

Paper mache balloons that have been twisted & turned into the animals etc and paint them bright colors and attach them to your walls.

circus theme classroom carnival theme classroom circus theme classroom photos carnival theme classroom photos circus theme classroom pictures carnival theme classroom pictures circus theme classroom ideas carnival theme classroom ideas bulletin boards

Be sure to follow my blog and store  and Facebook Page for notification of the FreebiesClick here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to Sarasota! Hope you enjoy my wonderful hometown! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you posted this one! On my way to TPT to buy!

    Ashley
    Live2Learn

    ReplyDelete