Although I am away on vacation, you are with me in spirit. Follow along with my daily itinerary and snag the deal of the day that relates to it.
As for the deal of the day:
Today the family is seeing stars as we spend the day at Disney's Hollywood Studios. I did a Hollywood theme for open house a few years back and it really pulled everything together. It's a wildly popular classroom theme and my Hollywood Thematic Pack is a best seller. Below is my post from last summer.
My 50 Page Hollywood Themed Classroom Kit is now available in my Teachers Pay Teachers Store. It includes all of the following items shown in the sample pictures below, plus more! Click here to view the kit and view full sized samples of each page.CLICK ON IMAGES TO VIEW LARGER
- Get Caught Reading has pictures of celebrities reading that would make great decorations for a Hollywood Themed Classroom.
- Use scene setters on a wall for a dramatic effect.
- If you do a class store as a reward system you could title it, “Rodeo Drive.”
- Set up a mailbox for messages and title it, Fan Mail.
- Get lanyards and make VIP Passes for the bathroom and nurse.
- Decorate a director’s chair with fabric paint for your meeting area.
- Live from the Red Carpet
- Hollywood Review
- Celebrity News
- Behind the Scenes
Back to School / Open House Gift Ideas:
- Microwave Popcorn-Thanks for popping in!
- Candy - Movie Theater kinds
- Star Eraser
- Tickets - Homework Passes
- Glittery Pencil
- Costume Jewelry or Bowtie
- Hollywood Silly Bandz
- Hollywood Walk of Words
- These Words Keep Popping Up ~ put letters on popcorn cutouts
- HollyWORD Wall
- Places Everyone ~ Place Value/Math Board or Seating Chart
- Setting the Stage for _______ ~ Can be used with essentially any subject.
- Now Showing ~ Used to display the current read aloud)
- Coming Soon ~ Upcoming topics or books
- Concessions ~ classroom refridgerator or where the lunches / snacks are stored
- Star-Studded Social Studies
- Setting the Scene for Science
- Glamorous Grammar - use feather boa for border
- Ritzy Writing
- Stage Right - Writing Stages
- Movie Star Math - write vocabulary words on star cutouts
- Celebrity Autographs - cute board for when/if your class learns cursive
- Paparrazi - Display photos of the students at work on projects throughout the year.
- ______ Grade Is Reel Fun
Quiet on the Set
“Reel”y Good Behavior
OSCAR ~ Our Students Can Act Responsibly
Use a clapboard and make each consequence be Take 1, Take 2, Take 3, etc)
Use clipart of megaphones to show appropriate noise levels.
Ideas for Reading Group/Table Names:
- Concessions (Twizzlers, Snow Caps, Junior Mints, etc)
- Genres (Comedy, Drama, Family, Suspense, etc)
- Streets (Rodeo Drive, Hollywood Boulevard, Sunset, Vine, etc)
- Studios (Dreamworks, Paramount, MGM, Pixar, etc)
- Awards (Oscars, Grammys, Golden Globes, Tonys, Emmys)
I think 3D elements are great. Aren't those popcorn containers on the door super cute?The clapboard word wall headings are adorable.
classroom themes classroom photos Hollywood classroom hollywood themed classroom movie themed classroom ideas for bulletin boards classroom theme photos classroom organization ideas for elementary teachers first grade second grade third grade fourth grade fifth grade preschool kindergarten pictures of classrooms with a Hollywood theme
Be sure to follow my blog and store and Facebook Page for notification of the Freebies. Click here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.