Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Math Game Storage Idea - from Swampfrog's First Graders

If you are just joining us, you'll want to start here or check out my Clutter-Free Guide to Organizing and Managing Your Classroom .This week's Clutter-Free Classroom Project Challenge has you organizing your math materials.


Heidi (from Swampfrog's First Graders) stores her math games in hanging file boxes. Here's what I like about that:

  • The bin is transparent so she was able to label it without risking the the label falling off.
  • The containers are uniform.
  • The games are sorted by skill. Storing items this way allows you to quickly access resources to target individual needs.
  • She uses hanging file folders to further sort like items within a container.



Be sure to follow my blog and store  and Facebook Page for notification of the FreebiesClick here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.

5 comments:

  1. I SO need to do this - I have so many math/reading games & they are taking up space in my filing cabinets & all scrunched & hard to tell what is what - thanks for sharing!

    ~Kimberlee~
    Two Fulbright Hugs
    Teacher TimeSavers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog! You have such practical ways to organize a classroom. I have become addicted to reorganizing my classroom.
    Also, I am new to the blogging world. Check out my blog if you have time.
    www.spoutingabout2nd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have hanging file crates, but this makes me really want to have these for the lid. :) Thanks for sharing!
    Lisa
    Mrs. Tilmon Says...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I'm doing the same thing! This is SO WEIRD! I just blogged about it today. My change on this was to use poly envelopes instead of hanging folders. I took some photos if you're interested :)
    -Michele
    P.S. Can I just say how much I love your blog?

    http://newadventuresinfirstgrade.blogspot.com/2012/03/math-station-meyhem.html

    ReplyDelete