Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Get Inspired! Math Manipulatives Before and After

If you are just joining us, you'll want to start here or check out my Clutter-Free Guide to Organizing and Managing Your Classroom.

There I was wandering around cyberspace when I stumbled upon this cute little display of math manipulatives.
Here's what I loved:
  • the colorful green shelf
  • the (I'm assuming plastic) jars that housed the manipulatives
  • the pink lids
  • how happy and inviting and kid-friendly it all looked

I desperately wanted to see more of this teacher's classroom, but the photo was a dead link.

Lucky for me (and you), I am one heck of an internet stalker. Not only did I manage to track down the original site, but I did so even though the shelf was in disguise.



Turns out the shelf belongs to The Virtual Vine which is one of the pioneers in teacher sites. I remember stopping by there way back when I was teaching K/1.

The fact that this shelf had a before picture made me all the more giddy.

Y'all know how I love me a good classroom before and after project.

Now here's what I REALLY love...
It appears that over time Ms. Virtual Vine has:



Be sure to follow my blog and store  and Facebook Page for notification of the FreebiesClick here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.

8 comments:

  1. I love this!!

    www.mrswheelerfirst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I need a better storage solution for all my manipulatives!
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am obsessed with jars and containers...somehow my things never get organized, but still I buy the containers!

    Michelle :)

    Apples and ABC's

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! I love the green and pink colors too.

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are good to track that down. Great pics.

    Mary
    Sharing Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea. I bought several photo storage boxes from my local craft store to store all my manipulatives and other classroom supplies. I love them because they can be stacked on the shelves with labels on each end.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO organised!!! An inspiration to us all!!

    Lauren :)
    Miss Teacup's Organised/Chaos

    ReplyDelete