Sunday, March 11, 2012

The Clutter-Free Classroom Project: Week #9 Challenge


If you are just joining us, you'll want to start here or check out my Clutter-Free Guide to Organizing and Managing Your Classroom.








Your task for the next two weeks is to organize your math materials. I decided it would be best to break it down into two focus areas. Week one will be your manipulatives and games. Week 2 will be your teaching materials (resources, curriculum, printables, charts, etc).








Hmmm...I think my best advice for this would be to go through the steps I outlined for the classroom in general, but focus now specifically on all things math related.

Think about what manipulatives you really use and need. Decide which ones drive instruction and student learning and which ones are simply taking up space. I've got more tips coming, but first you need to purge and declutter so we can organize what's left.







On Friday, I'll put up the first Linky Party related to the Clutter-Free Classroom PROJECT. The Linky will be ongoing and you can always jump in and link up at anytime. If you don't have a blog you can respond to the prompt in the comment section on Friday's post. Below is this week's prompt. Keep these questions in mind as you take your pictures:

PROMPT
  • Show us how you store your math manipulatives?
  • Tell us about what you decided was simply taking up space and not helping teach math.
  • Share your tips for organizing your math supplies.
classroom organization tips classroom organization ideas classroom organization supplies classroom storage classroom management classroom arrangement classroom organization skills organization ideas for the classroom organization ideas for teachers organization ideas for elementary classrooms decluttering a classroom declutter classroom before pictureskindergarten first grade second grade third grade fourth grade fifth grade sixth grade preschool 1st grade 2nd grade 3rd grade 4th grade 5th grade 6th grade time management, professional organizer, ways to get organized, organizing products, helping kids get organized, organizing teachers, the organized classroom, tips for getting organized tips for classroom organization storage manipulatives school supplies math workshop math manipulatives organizing a math center

Be sure to follow my blog and store  and Facebook Page for notification of the FreebiesClick here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.

5 comments:

  1. Don't teach Math so I will sit this one out. I guess that is a good thing as I am not in school this week. It will also give me some time to work on just getting rid of some clutter. :)

    Ms. M
    Ms.M's Blog
    A Teacher's Plan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so inspired by this plan of a clutter free classroom, that I have started cleaning and organizing. I do not have much storage but I am using all the wonderful ideas you have presented and am loving them all. I love this blog it inspires me to do even better.

    Thanks, Jill bubbalulu.blogspot.com Tales from Second

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was inspired to work on this myself, and made a post on my blog. Thanks for always reminding me to look in the deep, dark corners of my room to get rid of the junk!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aye-aye-aye...this needs to be done again in my classroom! I still have things I used in K-2 mixed up with my 4th grade materials. Thanks for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...