Thursday, March 8, 2012

Awesome Resource!

I borrowed my principal's copy of the PRIM which stands for
I've seen the book at student study meetings. I knew it existed. It was my understanding that it offered tips and suggestions for specific student concerns. But, I never paid it much attention.

What I didn't realize was how amazingly awesome it was.

It's such a well-organized (which always makes my heart flutter) resource.

It has a table of contents with 12 categories listed (i.e. Mathematical Calculations, Speaking, Writing, Group Behavior, Motivation, etc). There are 219 specific learning and/or behavior problems that a student may exhibit listed under these categories with a page number to turn to. Upon doing so, you are presented with 15-30 intervention strategies to try.

I find this book so simple to navigate and the suggestions are easy to understand.

I had asked to borrow the book because I've been scratching my head about one of my student's spelling and wanted to see if there was anything in here that I hadn't thought of.

Well, I can't put this book down. I just keep thinking about each student, the goals I've set for them and any concerns I may have and then look up strategies that I can try.

I went to amazon to grab the picture about and provide you with a link. I was shocked to see how pricey it is ($59.99). I do think it's an amazing resource though. I would really suggest talking to your principal about getting a copy for you building for teacher's to access and share. It ties in so well with RTI.



Be sure to follow my blog and store  and Facebook Page for notification of the FreebiesClick here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.

9 comments:

  1. We have these in our school district. At my old school, our principal bought one for every grade level! Great resource.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've used this book for years. It is great. One year I copied a bunch of pages, highlighted all the things the student did, then highlighted all the things i did for interventions stapled it to the SST paperwork and said HELP!!!!!!!

    hmm maybe that is why I'm now the SST coordinator. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. If the school library doesn't have a copy, you should ask the librarian to buy one. I have a few copies in my library for teachers to check-out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. want one? got one you can have! just pay the shipping and it's yours!
    email me
    nelspam1@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just looked this up! It looks awesome!

      Delete
    2. I just looked this up! It looks awesome!

      Delete
  5. I went on the website and there are damaged copies (bent/dent) for $35.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's $127 through amazon.ca ! OUCH!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you order from Hawthorne Educational Services, it's only $46! They have other resources as well, plus free and fast shipping. I ordered from them a few times this year.

    ReplyDelete