Although I am away on vacation, you are with me in spirit. Follow along with my daily itinerary and snag the deal of the day that relates to it.
IDEAS FOR BULLETIN BOARD TITLES
- “Fin”tastic ________
- Behavior Bay
- Reader’s Reef
- Get “Hooked” on a Book
- Birthday Beach
- Whale of a Job
- Catch of the Day (calendar)
- Having a Ball in ___ Grade (Beach Balls)
- Surfin’ the Web (computer area)
- Work to Treasure
- Get into the Swim of Things
- Dive Into ____________
- ___ Grade is Oceans of Fun
- Get Caught Being Good (fish)
- We’re “Nuts” For ____ (palm tree with coconuts)
- Sands of Time (Calendar or Schedule)
- Whale of a “Tale” (writing board)
- We’re So Bright, We’ve Gotta Wear Shades (take pics of kids wearing sunglasses)
- We Really Dig _____ (accent with pails and shovels)
INSTEAD OF BORDER
- hang flowered leis around the board
- trim a grass skirt and hang it from the top of a board
- trim the board with festive lights. Party stores often sell fish, pineapples, surfboards, etc)
3D ELEMENTS TO ADD TO YOUR BOARDS AND CLASSROOM
- beach balls
- fishing bobbin
- inflatable fish
- tiki torches (remove the ‘torch’ part)
- fishing net
- boogie board
- flip flops
- Cut letters from sandpaper to make titles for your bulletin boards
- Plastic Shovels and sand toys
Create a large sand castle reading nook using a cardboard box and covering it with sandpaper.
Cover the windows in blue plastic wrap.
Hang fish and seaweed from the ceiling.
Use sand pails to hold supplies like pencils.
Bring in beach chairs.
Let the kids sit o beach towels when they are reading.
Use cardboard to make a surfboard.
Attention Getter: Teacher Says, “Surfs Up” and students say, “Hang Ten”
Use a Beach Cabana to create a cozy reading area.
Hang a grass skirt around a table and use the space underneath for storage.
Use a beach themed shower curtain to cover open shelving.
Make pillow cases and curtains from tropical themed fabric (Walmart sells it cheap)
Take a picture of each child wearing a pirate hat and eye patch or a flowered shirt and straw hat. Use them to mark cubbies/lockers.
Have a “Starfish of the Week” instead of a “Star of the Week.”
Spraypaint your metal trashcan blue. Use fish stamps to create a cool look.
beach theme classroom photos tropical theme classroom photos beach theme classroom pictures ideas for a beach theme ideas for a tropical theme classroom beach theme ocean theme classroom photos under the sea classroom photos