Thursday, February 23, 2012

Legos in the Classroom

I'm so so SO excited to be taking my son to Legoland Florida today!
Because when you are a 6 year old boys Legos are your life.

I've always wanted to go to Legoland California.

But I've got me a fear of earthquakes that keeps me East of the Mississippi.

I also fear tornados and hurricanes, but I'm hoping we won't see any while we're here.

I thought that in honor of our day at the park I would feature ideas for using Legos in the classroom.

If you ever wanted to motivate your class to spell, write, do math, to science, etc just add some plastic interlocking blocks and magic will happen.

And you can use them for just about any subject area.

Don't just take my word for it. Check these out.












Lego Letters:

Lego Math:

Letters & Spelling:

Spelling With Lego Bricks:

Writing Sentences using Duplo blocks:


Be sure to follow my blog and store  and Facebook Page for notification of the FreebiesClick here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.

10 comments:

  1. I tried to get my adult son to donate his Legos to my classroom, and he won't do it! He told me to buy me own. He's saving his for his new little nephew. Now that you've shared all these great ideas, I may have to do just that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking to my site! I hope you are having a great time with your son.
    ~Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing these cute ideas and have fun at Legoland. We went there in January. It was great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the great Lego Ideas. I have some of my children's Legos in my classroom...shhh don't tell! They'll never know...There are still plenty laying on their bedroom floors! You have given me some GREAT ideas. I loved Legoland CA. We drove there from Michigan! It is a place I'd love to go back to. Have a great time with your children.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE these ideas. Thank you so much. My kids will do anything for free play with the Legos. Imagine when I tell them we're going to do our work with them. Yeah!

    Kimberley
    First in Maine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like so much fun!! Your students must love those Lego activities! :)

    Second Grade Sugar and Spice

    ReplyDelete
  7. Legoland California was AMAZING! Did you know they have lego clubs and lego robotics? Lego competitions and lego stores? So much lego! My kids love them!!

    Misty @
    Think, Wonder, & Teach

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome ideas. many thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello there, simply becosbobetme alert to your weblog thru Google, and found that it’s really informative. I’m gonna watch out for brussels

    ReplyDelete