Monday, February 6, 2012

The Clutter-Free Classroom Project: Week #6 Challenge STORAGE

If you are just joining us, you'll want to start here or check out my Clutter-Free Guide to Organizing and Managing Your Classroom.









Last week we began talking about storage containers. I say "started" because I swear I could start a whole blog dedicated to my love for them.

I'm not joking.

I'm all about "containerizing."

It's totally a verb.

Everything is SO much more organized when it is sorted and separated.

Not only do I have storage containers for everything, but I have containers within containers to make it all the more sorted.

Having a love affair with containers "could" be pricey. But it can also be free/cheap.

And that's the most fun kind of all.

  • It let's you be creative.
  • I helps the environment.
  • It makes things customized.
  • It enhances the look of your classroom.
  • It sets a great example to your students on how to be resourceful.
Your task for this week is to "upcycle" a container to make it "classroom worthy." On Saturday (2/11) I'll take you on a tour of the "upcycled" containers in my classroom.









Think both "about the box" and "outside the box." Boxes are great and a super easy container to start with. Remember, the goal is to create a uniform look so look for containers that you can acquire in bulk that will be the same size/shape.

Ask friends, coworkers, neighbors, and parents for donations of SPECIFIC containers. Did you notice that was bold and in all caps? That, my friends, is because if you just say "containers" you will become the town's new recycling center.

Scrapbook paper, contact paper, patterned duct tape, spray paint, and Modge Podge are your best friends.

Look for items specific to your needs in terms of space and shape.

Think about items that come with covers (yogurt containers, deli containers, etc.








On Friday, I'll put up the Linky Party related to the Clutter-Free Classroom PROJECT. The Linky will be ongoing and you can always jump in and link up at anytime. If you don't have a blog you can respond to the prompt in the comment section on Friday's post. Below is this week's prompt. Keep these questions in mind as you take your pictures:

PROMPT
Show us an upcycled project you have found online or created yourself. Tell us about it and what it can/will be used for.
classroom organization tips classroom organization ideas classroom organization supplies classroom storage classroom management classroom arrangement classroom organization skills organization ideas for the classroom organization ideas for teachers organization ideas for elementary classrooms decluttering a classroom declutter classroom before pictureskindergarten first grade second grade third grade fourth grade fifth grade sixth grade preschool 1st grade 2nd grade 3rd grade 4th grade 5th grade 6th grade time management, professional organizer, ways to get organized, organizing products, helping kids get organized, organizing teachers, the organized classroom, tips for getting organized tips for classroom organization storage manipulatives school supplies

Be sure to follow my blog and store  and Facebook Page for notification of the FreebiesClick here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.

2 comments:

  1. I am so down with this! My gears are turning!

    Tracey
    http://www.our-cool-school.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't linked up with the past two weeks (yet!) because I've been so behind on everything...but I'm so excited about this one and already know what I want to upcycle, and exactly how the finished product will be used!

    Kara
    Spedventures

    ReplyDelete