Friday, February 24, 2012

Argghhh! Pirates!


Although I am away on vacation, you are with me in spirit. Follow along with my daily itinerary and snag the deal of the day that relates to it.

As for the deal of the day:

We'll be flying out of Tampa today. Tampa is home to the Buccaneers and the Gasparilla Festival. Both translate into PIRATES!

Throughout the month of June, I ran a Classroom Theme Series and featured a different popular classroom theme each day. Since I am on vacation this week I am "rerunning" some of my popular posts that relate.


My 20 Page Pirate Themed Classroom Kit is now available in my Teachers Pay Teachers Store. It includes all of the following items shown in the sample pictures below, plus more! Click here to view the kit.


BULLETIN BOARD BACKGROUNDS

-crumpled up brown paper bags (to look like treasure maps paper)

-sandpaper (available in large sheets)

-”Creepy Cloth

-torn white fabric to look like a sail

-netting


BULLETIN BOARD BORDERS

-large plastic gems (hotglue onto border)

-beads (hotglue onto border)

-gold coins (hotglue onto border)


3D ELEMENTS TO ADD

-parrots

-hand-held telescopes

-treasure maps


WELCOME BOARD

-Welcome Aboard ____ Grade

-Ahoy, Mateys

-_____ Grade Treasures

-Mr./Mrs. _____’s First Mates

-Anchor’s Away for a Great Year



STUDENT WORK BOARD

-Work We Treasure (w/ treasure chest)

-X marks the Spot

-Shiver Me Timbers, This Work is Great

-Blow Me Down Work


CLASSROOM BULLETIN BOARD IDEAS

-Catch a Good Book

-Set Sail With _____

-Open a Book...Find a Treasure

-Sea of Writers


JOB BOARD IDEAS

The Crew

All Hands on Deck


BEHAVIOR BOARD

Don’t Rock the Boat

GOLD-en Rules

CALENDAR AREA

Catch of the Day

The Captain’s Log


LUNCH MENU/LUNCHBOX BASKET

Pirate Grub



IDEAS

-send your welcome letters out as a “message in a bottle” (use plastic so there is no broken glass)


-create a fort as a reading area


-create a deserted island as a reading area


-use an island themed scene setter or shower curtain


-incorporate the Walt Disney quote, ““There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island.”


-print your classroom rules on a scroll



As always, I love Beth Newingham's Go Big or Go Home approach to taking on a classroom theme.
The next few photos are from her nautical themed classroom.





The next 10 images are from Ms. Callow's classroom.










The following 10 pics are from classrooms in the UK.











I found a site with some great pirate-themed resources to use with your class. View it here.
pirate theme classroom pirate themed classroom pirate classroom display pirate classroom decorations bulletin boards pictures of pirate theme classrooms pictures of pirate themed classrooms images of pirate theme classrooms images of pirate themed classrooms photos of pirate theme classrooms photos of pirate themed classrooms

Be sure to follow my blog and store  and Facebook Page for notification of the FreebiesClick here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.

3 comments:

  1. So, a pirate walks into a classroom with a peg-leg, a parrot on his shoulder, and a steering wheel on his pants. The bartender looks at him and says, "Hey, You've gota steering wheel on your pants!"
    So the pirate says, "Argh, I know, it's drivin' me nuts!"

    ba-dum-dum, ching!
    ✪ Liam ✪
    Twist of Liam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (Probably NOT one to share with your students.)

      Delete
  2. Good website! I really love บาคาร่า how it is easy on my eyes and the data are well written. I’m wondering how I could be notified when a new post has been made. I have subscribed to your RSS which must do the trick! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...