Thursday, January 26, 2012

Teacher Feature: You MUST Check HIM out.

Call me Mrs. Frizzle and hop aboard my virtual Magic School Bus because we're heading to New Zealand.

Because that's where my cyber-buddy Liam resides and teaches.

Well, that and because it's summer over there right now and I am simply dying to kick my awful closed-toe winter shoes aside and experience the joys of flip flops once again.

I first became intrigued by Liam last summer (my summer, not his) when he began commenting on my blog. A male elementary teacher is always a rare and interesting creature to observe, but when you factor in the whole New Zealand thing the curiosity level increases all more.

Not only does he have great ideas to share, but he also writes with a wonderful sense of humor and style. Trust me. You'll enjoy him quite a bit.

Liam has embraced the CLUTTER-FREE CLASSROOM PROJECT and is tackling his entire room.

Oh, and speaking of his classroom....SWOON!!!!

Seriously, look at this classroom!

The dark walls!!!
The white trim !!!
The natural light!!!
The tables!!!
ALL that shelving!

Oh how the potential of that classroom excites me. I'm at the edge of my seat waiting to see how it unfolds.

And you should be too. Head on over to
Twist of Liam and follow his blog to see how it all unfolds.


Be sure to follow my blog and store  and Facebook Page for notification of the FreebiesClick here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.

5 comments:

  1. Aw! I'm HONOURED! Thanks so much for the shout out. THe room is unfolding...slowly but surely.

    I don't know if I've ever been called a "Rare and interesting creature to observe". Well, not to my face anyways! Thanks heaps and I hope the room doesn't disappoint you (and your cyber-posse). I have to be ready in a week so I promise to post a tour of the room when it's ready.

    For the third time, thanks Jodi. I truly do feel special having read such wonderful praise!

    ✪ Liam ✪
    Twist of Liam

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I Love that "HIM" is capitalised in the title. Nice subtlety. :P
    And if it makes you feel any better, it's raining.

    ✪ Liam ✪
    Twist of Liam

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you featured Liam and his classroom, he deserves it. I too adore his classroom. I want to ask if I can paint my class dark blue with white trim but seeing as how I when we go back I will be in a brand new room, I can guess the answer will be a big fat no. Ha, ha.

    Ms. M
    Ms.M's Blog
    A Teacher's Plan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ms M!! I'll cross my fingers for you getting the go ahead.
      ✪ Liam ✪
      Twist of Liam

      Delete
  4. I am jealous of the windows! Neither one of my music rooms have windows.

    ReplyDelete