Thursday, January 5, 2012

SMALL SORTING BINS

If you are just joining us, you might want to start here to learn all about The Clutter-Free Classroom Project to get teachers organized.

We've been gathering large sorting bins.
We've been printing and glueing some {free} snazzy sorting labels to make decluttering fancy and fun.
And now it's time to collect some small sorting bins.

What?

I know what you're thinking.

"If I already have big bins all the little stuff will fit into it."

I know, but these will be handy.

Trust me.

Small sorting bins are great because you can set them on counters and desktops to make sorting more compact areas like the teacher's desk, drawers, and manipulatives much easier.

My vote goes to clear plastic shoe boxes. I dig them for all the same reasons I dug the large, clear tubs.

Other ideas for small sorting bins include:
  • dishpans
  • good old cardboard shoeboxes
  • small baskets from the Dollar Store
  • baby wipe containers


Be sure to follow my blog and store  and Facebook Page for notification of the FreebiesClick here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.

6 comments:

  1. I've awarded you the Versatile Blogger Award! Thanks for all that you blog!

    http://looseshoelaces.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was finishing my Master's Degree last semester and I got so behind on blogging! I am trying to catch up, and I am so excited about "The Clutter-Free Classroom Project!" I will take my pictures tomorrow!

    Jena
    1st Grade with Miss Snowden

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate to disappoint but I can't follow because I'm not on Facebook. However, I promise I do like you. :)

    Ps. I've been posting my answers to your questions in my blog too. Today I shared an organizing project I've been working on. I also shared some labels. Nothing as cute as yours though. Anyway, just thought I would share. :)

    Ms. M
    www.msk1ell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have GREAT organization ideas! I'll be a loyal follower, for sure! I've given you the Versatile Blogger award!! Head on over to http://confessionsfromafirstyearteacher.blogspot.com/ to check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like you! I took my pictures - oh my that one cabinet! It drives me crazy! Anyway - we have a mini grant available to us - $750!!! WOW!! I am thinking I would like to get somethings to help organize, but I don't know what to get because we are just starting off on this course of organization. Of course, the mini grant proposal is due the beginning of February. Any suggestions?? I would love them! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://www.schoolgirlstyle.com/2012/01/my-organizational-tips-revealed/

    School girl style has sme good organizational tips too! I must learn to keep it simple!

    ReplyDelete

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...