Tuesday, January 31, 2012

My Superbowl Bulletin Board



As promised here is the 4-1-1 about our
Superbowl Writing Projects {which are free btw}.

I began with a large football cutout.

I typically use a brainstorming page from my writing packets to have the students come up with topics and ideas. However, despite the bubbling enthusiasm for all things football that the majority of my kiddos are showing this week, I knew that some of my little learners are not so interested in the gridiron.

Anticipating that this would translate into writer's block, I opted to brainstorm together. We did so by adding topics on Post-It notes to my big football. My 3rd grade football fans frantically waved their hands in the air begging me to call on them so they could add such phrases as Tom Brady, Rematch with the Giants, and AFC Champions to the potential topics list. Another popular choice was Rob Gronkowski. Lucky for me 1/3 of my class was sporting Gronkowski jerseys so I was able to spell it without consulting Google.

And then there were my non-football fans. We talked about things that are associated with football that they could select as a topic. I had kids write about cheerleading, Gatorade and nachos. By the time we were done, each little sweetie had a topic they were excited about.

After we went through the web-draft-edit routine, they completed their final copy and then it was time for our craftivity.

These caused me to lose sleep. On Monday we completed the heads and bodies. I thought they looked like astronauts. I literally woke at 4:30 and the first thought that popped into my mind was "facemask." Sure enough when we added the 3D face masks it all came together.

I was so excited by their cute little football players that I impulsively blurted out, "Oooh get me the silver glitter. These need some glitter."

In case y'all didn't know....I LOATHE glitter.

It is not a secret.

I had to laugh when one of my little boys leaned over to another and said, "Mrs. D TOTALLY just got caught up in the moment. She never would have used glitter if she had thought about it." So funny because it's true.

I put green paper and white stripes on the back of the board.

The border makes me smile. I simply cut 12x18 construction paper into a spiral. It actually went all the way around my board. I love how it looks.

All of the writing pages I used for this project are included in my Football-Themed Writing Packet Freebie. Swing by my products page to download it for free!

Be sure to follow my blog and store  and Facebook Page for notification of the FreebiesClick here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.

9 comments:

  1. So cute!! The face mask definitely completes it :)

    ~Stephanie
    Teaching in Room 6

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute!!! I'm kind of bummed I"m not back at work yet to partake in the football festivities!
    lol

    ♥ Jen
    The Teachers' Cauldron

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMg!!!!! I more than loathe glitter lol Won't use it- nope never :)


    Glad I am not alone!!!!!!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute. My kids would just love this because I have so many football fans! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for this idea. I did it the past two days and they looks so cute in the hallway. I LOVE THEM and it is going in my folder for years to come.

    ReplyDelete

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...