Thursday, January 12, 2012

Make a Plan {and an apron} to Declutter Tip #3


I hope you've warned the clutter that you're coming after it soon.


Until then, we are continuing to prepare to be Clutter-Busters.


Today I'm focusing on gathering the tools and supplies to kick it all to the curb...literally.


We've already acquired sorting bins. You'll need just a few more things in order to be efficient in the purge:

  • boxes
  • trash bags
  • cleaning products (nothing too crazy...just some windex and rags will do)
  • Postits
  • pencil
  • measuring tape
  • ziplocs (varying sizes)
  • notebook or clipboard
Although it is tempting to stock up on cute storage containers, we're going to wait until we do the following before hitting the stores (or repurposing).

  • remove all unwanted items
  • inventory what remains
  • decide where it will be most effective to store your items
  • measure the space

Don't worry. I'll walk you through this in more detail at the start of next week.

That's where the measuring tape and notebook come into play. You'll be makng a list and taking measurements as you go along.

Want to make the task more fun?

Why not whip up a cute apron to hold your decluttering tools.

Flying your organizational freak flag with a snazzy apron will be both practical and fun. Home Depot sells small aprons for under a $1.00 that are perfect for this task. You can make it super snazzy with some fabric and fabric glue.


I'm simple like that. Remember, I made curtains with a glue gun.


Fill it with your tape measure, a pencil, a small notebook, and your own list of rules to refer to.


Be sure to follow my blog and store  and Facebook Page for notification of the FreebiesClick here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.

6 comments:

  1. I like your apron idea! So cute and easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to make an apron to teach in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love!!!! That is the cutest thing I've ever seen! I wish I had time to be an organizational freak with you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have actually been thinking of making an apron to wear all the time so that I can keep track of my pens and other supplies. Loving the idea of using the home depot apron though! Will have to do that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to say the exact same thing! Great minds think alike. I can't tell you how many times I find Expo markers all over the classroom because I've picked them up and set them down where they don't belong while I was talking. It would be nice to not come home with my pockets stuffed with all sorts of papers and passes and goodness only knows what else!

      Delete
  5. So cute! I need one now. I made our Halloween costumes with a glue gun... sewing is for the birds.

    http://www.theschoolsupplyaddict.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete