Sunday, January 1, 2012

Introducing: THE CLUTTER-FREE CLASSROOM PROJECT

Most of us are passionate about what we do and are lucky enough to have been blessed with a career that is also a hobby. We don’t mind the hard work and are dedicated to our jobs. However, as teachers we face many challenges that are out of our control.

I started the Clutter-Free Classroom to help teachers be more effective with less stress and less mess. One of the greatest obstacles teachers have is the clock. There just aren't enough hours in the day. Therefore, it is important to be efficient and organized in order to make the most of the time we do have.

My goal is to assist you in creating a learning environment that is beautiful, well-planned, organized, and purposeful. I’ve composed and compiled a collection of tips, tricks, and ideas to help and inspire you on your path to a “Clutter-Free Classroom.” (with oodles and oodles of photos of course)

Since starting this blog and opening my store, I’ve been humbled by the response, support, and feedback. I receive so many emails from amazing teachers telling me how motivated they were by something they read in my Clutter-Free Classroom Guide or on this blog. They often share something they had done as a result of a picture or idea I had given them and the positive impact it had on them.

While it is awesome to receive these messages, I began thinking about how inspiring these teachers would be to other teachers who are in similar situations. The fast-growing community of teacher/bloggers has been an inspiration to me and I feel that my teaching has improved greatly as a result of the thoughts, pictures, and ideas that have been generously shared by so many of you on your blogs.

I want to continue with my goal of helping teachers become more organized and effective, while at the same time taking advantage of the benefits of learning and gaining motivation from each other.

I’m super excited about what I’ve come up with.

It is with great giddiness that I debut to you my plans for 2012.



SUNDAYS:
Each Sunday I’ll put up a blog entry specific to the Clutter-Free Project. Each Sunday post will pose a specific topic/challenge and FREEBIES to help in completing the task. We can talk in the comments about anything related to classroom organization and management that relate to that week's challenge. Organizing is not a means to an end. It’s an ongoing process that involves habits, routines, and maintenance.

FRIDAYS:
Each Friday I will host a Linky Party based on the Clutter-Free Project Challenge for that week. Those of you who have a blog can post about your efforts taking on the weekly focus tasks and share your experiences with others. If the weekly topic is something you already do or if you have additional tips to share, you can blog about it and link up as well. Doing so will automatically give you something to blog about each week and will drive tons of traffic to your site, but most importantly it will help other teachers in the process.

While I’m kicking it off at the start of the year, the intention is that teachers will join in at any time. I am hoping that each topic/linky will continue to grow and grow throughout the year as more teacher find it and add their thoughts and ideas. I want the project to be an ongoing resource and inspiration.

Feel free to visit previous posts and link up when you complete a project or have a related idea to share at any time during the year. I'll have a page dedicated to the project with all of the weekly challenges listed and the links needed. You don’t even need a blog to participate. Simply post your thoughts, ideas, questions, and words of advice to others in the comment section...you can even do so anonymously. Easy Peasy!

If you don't already subscribe to this blog, simply click on the little "follow button" in the top left corner of your screen. This will keep you current on all of the tips and ideas.

Click here to follow my Teachers Pay Teachers store. I'll be posting a lot of FREEBIES related to the project. Following my store will automatically notify you when they become available.


Spread the love. The more teachers who participate, the more we will all learn from each other.
  • Blog about The Clutter-Free Classroom Project and link back to this page. Let other's know what it is all about and encourage them to participate as well.
  • Please consider adding my button to your blog by copying and pasting the code listed in my sidebar to the right. This will let others know that you are "Creating a Clutter-Free Classroom." Being accountable will keep you motivated and inspired.
  • Add the Clutter-Free Classroom to your blogroll.
  • Encourage your colleagues to participate. Snag my Free Printable and post it in your teacher's room or copy room. Imagine an entire school of organized teachers! All that additional time on task will be so beneficial to the building as a whole.
If you've been thinking about starting a blog this might be a good time to start. You can use it to track your progress. It's super easy to do (although slightly addictive).
I'll be back tonight with the first challenge. In the meantime...

Questions for the Comments:
So what do you think...will you join me back here on Sundays for some organizational fun? Could you use a little motivation and inspiration? Do you have ideas to share that will help others? Are you already a classroom organizational guru and would like to be considered for a Feature Teacher guest spot?

keywords: classroom organization tips classroom organization ideas classroom organization supplies classroom storage classroom management classroom arrangement classroom organization skills the organized classroom getting organized organization ideas for the classroom organization ideas for teachers organization ideas for elementary classrooms decluttering a classroom declutter classroom kindergarten first grade second grade third grade fourth grade fifth grade sixth grade preschool 1st grade 2nd grade 3rd grade 4th grade 5th grade 6th grade

Be sure to follow my blog and store  and Facebook Page for notification of the FreebiesClick here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.

85 comments:

  1. I love this! I had to leave my organized, homey room of four years to take our a classroom someone else had set up and then packed up again. It's never felt like home and I hate how it's been set up, but when you move in the week before school you don't have a choice! I am looking forward to this series, sooooo much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This post sounds EXACTLY like my year. I just found this blog and I'm hoping I can end the year on a positive organizational note therefore starting the year off WAY better than this one. Thanks for posting your experience...it was ice to know I'm not the only one. :)

      Delete
  2. I've been following your blog/previous website, and your ideas are inspiring. I'm in! Anything that allows me to work more efficiently is a good idea.

    http://hellomrssykes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in! This is perfect for my New Year's Resolution to have a more organized life!

    The Littlest Scholars

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally in! Can't wait to get started!!

    Haley
    followingoptimism.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it!! My biggest challenge is time....I let things pile up during the week and then I have so much to do before leaving on Friday!

    Ali
    alischepis(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in! This sounds awesome! :) An organized classroom is a happy classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! I teach 3rd grade. I'm a mom, wife, dog owner, and a grad student---nothing says "I'm a teacher" like being super uber busy....and I appreciate your website look forward to getting organized with you! Thank you for sharing your talents!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh I'm so excited about this! Since the beginning of the year I've stayed way more organized than ever and I can't wait to continue this throughout the year! :)
    Rambling About Reading

    ReplyDelete
  9. After switching grade levels this year and just told I will go back to my old grade/room next year, organization will be the key! Can't wait to see/read about all the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. As a new hire that took on a classroom full of another teachers stuff, I am SO excited about this project. I know it will help me transform my classroom in an organized, usable space for me and my kiddos. Looking forward to your first post tonight!

    Ms. Smith
    http://adventuresofmssmith.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks awesome! Can't wait to get organized! Thanks for your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG! I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes because this is EXACTLY what I need! I've been trying to become clutter free but time is not on my side! This project will be perfect! I am sharing with my building - I know many who are already clutter free and many that need help -THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are a much better woman than I Jodi...I don't know how you can have baby twins, a little boy, post EVERY DAY and work on National Board. Whew! I'm tired thinking about it! :)

    I will join in when I can of course but I shall be immersed in NB for the next 3 tiring months and thus just might disappear a bit :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm in! I just began my teacher blog as part of a New Year's Resolution, and this project is just what I need. I can't wait to work on getting my classroom more organized!

    Sped-ventures

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think this is wonderful! Looking forward to all your great posts!

    Happy New Year!


    ❤ Mor Zrihen ❤
    A Teacher's Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  16. This sounds wonderful to me because I am not organized but I want to be!!!!!!!! :)

    Marvelous Multiagers!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great timing! I can't wait to see all the ideas. A new year with organization has to be a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm already there. I purchased your declutter guide and plan on following it after I get back to the classroom. I am also decluttering my home. My goal is to own half as much items as I did in 2011. I thought about starting a blog to help with accountability. Thanks for all you do!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You were my hero before, Jodi, but now you're my SUPER Hero!

    It must have taken hours just to type this post! I don't know how you do it, but I am awfully glad you do!

    It seems like half of my classroom is currently in my living room as I get ready to go back to school.

    I'M IN!!!!!!!!!! (And so excited about this!)

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm excited to accept this challenge. This is just what I needed!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You had me hooked with "There are not enough hours in the day." Ain't it the truth! Looking forward to being more clutter-free!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great idea! I am all about being organized and it definitely makes me a much more effective teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I think this is a FANTASTIC idea. I work at being organized, but every day brings more papers and more things to do! I can't wait to participate each week!
    Mandy
    http://mandys-tips-4-teachers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very excited about this! I love organization and we all have more things to do than the time to do them in. Organization is the key!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love it! Totally in...I'm excited!

    Tanya
    A Class Act

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am joining your blog just to get in on this challenge!

    Looking forward to a clutter free classroom!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love this idea. Once I organize something, I keep it organized, but just finding the time and motivation to do so is tough. I think your new project is just what I need to get motivated!

    Patti :)
    A Series of 3rd Grade Events

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh, this is just what I need. Sounds like fun! I am in! You should also start a facebook group for participants! :-)
    Live Love Laugh Everyday In Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm in! I have been working on decluttering and organizing my room over break! =)

    Samantha
    msbeattie-samantha.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. This actually is my new years' resolution!!! I am so excited about participating :)
    My next goal - to (maybe) start a blog of my own {this one is a little overwhelming for me!} Happy New Year - thanks for helping teachers everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I can't wait to get started! I love organizing my room! I already have a few ideas on what I can do:) Great idea, thanks!
    What I Learned in Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow!!! Blogging, organizing and teaching...all of my favorite things all rolled into one!!! Very excited!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great idea! I shared this on my Facebook fan page.
    Erica Bohrer's First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  34. This sounds great and I need it this year! Some years I feel so together but this year - with my class of many needs and starting too soon after surgery-feel like I am always catching up!! Can't wait! :)
    My Kindergarten Kids

    ReplyDelete
  35. I need help with my desk area and side table. It's the landing spot for everything that doesn't have a spot, or projects to come. I also am admitting to my piles addiction. Can't wait to see what happens!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I'm very excited for this! I moved classrooms for the last 2 years in a row, so I am in desperate need. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Yea! This sounds great! Now I need to remember to check back every Subday! Lol Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I'm in! Organization was one of my new year's resolutions, so I'm hoping this will help. Thanks so much for starting this.

    Teachin' First

    ReplyDelete
  39. Fabulous idea! I'm excited to get some areas in my room more organized!

    Gladys
    teachinginhighheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  41. YOU are my HERO! I am so beyond excited right now. Thanks for always being inspiring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love this idea. I have been working on trying to organize books over the break. Can't wait to take part.

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  43. I think this sounds like a great idea! I'm excited to participate!

    Jodi
    fun-in-first.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  44. I am an organizer and self proclaimed neat freak. I am looking forward to future posts and discussions. Thanks for hosting this!
    Hoppykindergarte.blogspot.com
    Randi

    ReplyDelete
  45. I am loving this!! Can't wait...oh wait. you already started - ha! Better get on over there to check it out!
    The Teachers’ Cauldron

    ReplyDelete
  46. Great idea, this sounds awesome...can't wait to share ideas...Thanks for doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  47. This sounds great. I have followed your blog for quite a while and already love your organization tips. This will be even better...to take it one step at a time...together! I'll be passing this on at school too. Thank you for your devotion to helping the less organized.:)

    ReplyDelete
  48. I am in...can't wait to get started.

    ReplyDelete
  49. What a great project!!! :) More organization at school and at home is one of my goals for 2012! I can't wait to see what you've got! :)

    ReplyDelete
  50. I am very excited I found your website!!! Looking forward to getting some great help!

    ReplyDelete
  51. I love to be organized!! Thanks for your help!!

    http://www.wolfelicious.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  52. Looking forward to being involved with this project!

    ReplyDelete
  53. I have been trying to get organized and I think this is just the motivation that I need. I am so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Count me in...sounds like a great way to netwowrk on a topic near and dear to a teacher's heart -organization!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Been trying to "de-clutter" my room after the holiday. Could use some extra special organizational expertise. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  56. I'm in! This sounds like fun.

    Brooke

    www.teachmrslawson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  57. Hi guys i am new here i like this blog site its cool!!!just want to tell you that if you want to make money online than come and join me i will provide you the opportunities!!!Its totaly free for al age groups especialy for those who want to earn money at home come come and know me atBecome Affiliate Its informative too.Waiting for you replies and Good luck
    seeya...cheers
    christina lewi

    ReplyDelete
  58. its informative too come and know me Become Affiliate
    Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  59. So excited for this!!

    http://teaching-with-style.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  60. I'm ready! Count me in :) I just shared this on my blog, come check it out

    http://howcuteisthis.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  61. I cannot find the follow me button on the blog. Can you post a screen shot of where to do this? I am going to subscribe by email but would like to follow your blog as well. I already follow you on tpt.

    ReplyDelete
  62. Very exciting! Looking forward to your blog posts and ideas! First Class with Mrs. Mac

    ReplyDelete
  63. This sounds fantastic! Love your blog, love this project. What a great service you're doing for teachers. I'd be happy to contribute a guest blog post on organization and de-cluttering.

    Angela
    http://TheCornerstoneForTeachers.com

    ReplyDelete
  64. Looking forward to the challenge and inspiration!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  65. I don't even remember how I stumbled onto this website, but it ended upi stealing a few hours of my night. Very exciting stuff here! I know I am jumping in late, but I am in desperate need of some help in creating a clutter-free classroom and better organization :)

    ReplyDelete
  66. OK, I even started a blog for this. :) Grabbed your button and proclaimed my intentions to the world. Well, the world of Facebook, anyway. :) What a great idea!!!!

    http://miseenplace-s.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  67. This sounds so good! I'm looking forward to reading your posts.

    http://firstyearinthe3rdgrade.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  68. This is EXACTLY what I need. How many times do I stop myself in the middle of a lesson and go, "wait, I've got ______somewhere around here that will help". But, then I can't find it! Argh! Can't wait to get organized. Thanks for setting this up for all of us organizationally challenged folks.

    Elizabeth

    Fun in Room 4B

    ReplyDelete
  69. I am so excited about this project! I may end up on one of the hoarding shows if I don't get clutter free, fast. I'm trying to figure out how to blog and get my pictures posted.

    ReplyDelete
  70. Looking forward to getting organized as well and it gives me info for my NEW blog! YEAH double bonus for me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  71. I am so excited to do this!
    Thanks!
    Beth Ann
    Taming My Flock of Firsties
    bakteach16@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  72. I recently did a google search to find information on organizing your classroom, and your project came up. Of course, I referred back to this post to see what was going and here I am. I will be catching up through the weeks, and I hope to gather some great information.

    cajunbombshell1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  73. I just discovered your blog and I absolutely love what you're doing with the weekly challenges - be assured I will be preparing some organizational posts and linking up with you on Fridays! Would you consider setting up a page (a site map of sorts) with direct links to each of your weekly challenges, tips and linky parties for those who may have a hard time navigating through older posts?

    ReplyDelete
  74. Suzanne, I am right there with you. I found this project tonight. Can't wait to get started!

    ReplyDelete
  75. I'm so glad to have found this! I'm switching classrooms next year and I'm starting to go through and declutter for the move. Great timing to start getting more organized!

    ReplyDelete
  76. I LOVE this. I was fortunate to inherit a lot of great materials and supplies from the retired teacher I took the place of. SHE had an organization system that worked for her but that doesn't work for me. I spent the majority of last summer getting my room ready and ignoring those filing cabinets, lockers, and boxes.

    I actually took a picture of my supply closet for our blog for a before and after picture. I can't wait to see the before/after pictures of the organization of other classrooms!

    ReplyDelete
  77. I’m coming in the “game” late because I am returning to the classroom after a year hiatus. Thank you so much for all your hard work and contributions to helping many others achieve clutter freedom!

    ReplyDelete