Tuesday, December 27, 2011

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year




Oh My Goodness.

I'm giddy people.

You all know how the song goes, "It's the most wonderful time of the year..."

And it's true.

I'm not talking about the holidays (though they were lovely).

I'm talking about the annual spotlight on organization and storage containers and containerizing and color-coding and tips on being more Clutter-Free in the New Year. While I heart organizing year round, I love that there is so much attention brought to it at this time of year. I had tiny little tears in my eye as I glanced at the weekly flyers as I walked into Target this morning and saw this.

My heart skipped a beat when I spotted the worker bees in khaki and red discounting Christmas tchotchkes and pushing glorious storage containers into the coveted seasonal spots.

Swoony Swoon Swoon.

And if seeing my darling Nate Berkus gracing the pages of a magazine with tips on getting organized last night wasn't thrilling enough, you can imagine my glee when I tuned into his show today and discovered his guest was Peter Walsh whom I've adored since his Clean Sweep n TLC days.

Ah yes, the kids can have Christmas. I'll take the dorky New Year's Organization Hype days that follow it.

I've been busy preparing for the New Year and all those resolutions to "get more organized."

This year I'm super-duper excited to be kicking off the New Year with the plans I've had in the works for awhile now. The countdown continues...

Just 5 more days. Clutter be warned!

In the meantime, I'm tackling the nooks and crannies of my house this week.

How are your vacations going? Have you taken on any projects or are you relaxing as you should be?

Be sure to follow my blog and store  and Facebook Page for notification of the FreebiesClick here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.

9 comments:

  1. I thought about you yesterday!!! I was at Kmart and they have your colors on sale! It is the teal and the light green! And the tubs with lids are on sale for $3.99!!!! I thought- she would be in Heaven!!!!
    Going Nutty!
    Staci

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the after Cristmas sales! Such great deals!!!! So far I did a lot of relaxing :) but I plan on "planning" starting tomorrow and getting ready for the new year!

    Also, I have a New Year Resolution linky party & a questioner on my blog that I would really love your feedback on. Please stop by and give me your opinion.
    Thanks!!!

    ❤ Mor Zrihen ❤
    A Teacher's Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh girl I am with you. First I did my closet and dresser. Then my sons and daughters as well. Tomorrow my mom is coming for a total sort day! She's gifted with organization ...can't wait to see the clean. While she does the scary kids toys and playroom, I am going to take down Christmas. Then a super clean will be the last part of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also got bit by the clutter free bug this week. The thanks mostly goes to my husband whot insisted I needed to get rid of things, so his clothes had somewhere to go. I have organized every drawer and the whole closet. The bonus, 3 trash bags full of clothes for charity! (and a happy husband!) Now if I can keep this going when I get back to my classroom on Jan.3rd!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Plastic containers almost give me a buzz! My husband says if the school ever burns the toxic smell from my melting plastic will kill half the city. Probably.
    2B Honey Bunch

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too am organizing and cleaning my entire house. I can't wait to get into my classroom and do the same! My husband even raised an eyebrow when he noticed I organized the "junk" drawer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. CLEAN SWEEP! The scene of where it all began for me! To this day I always imagine my de-cluttering with tarps outside and stand up signs that say "Keep" and "Sell" (There was rarely anything in the "Toss" pile, remember?) Peter Walsh! A ClutterFree God! And remember how (cute) Eric Stromer would always put his fingers in the paint and test the paint color on the wall?!!

    It's a good thing I am visiting out of state or I would be dumping things out on the lawn at my house--in the middle of the night! I'm already considering sneaking upstairs for a stealth run at organizing the silverware drawer--and I don't live here!

    Happy New Year,

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am taking some of the tacky holiday gifts I got this year and putting them in the "prize box" at school. In goes the ten pairs of snowman socks, snowman earrings, light up tumblers, beanie babies.

    ReplyDelete

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...