Saturday, December 31, 2011

And the Award Goes to...


I would like to take a moment to publicly thank my three young children for awarding me an excuse to be in my jammies by 8:30 and snoozing by 10:00 p.m. on this Rocking New Year's Eve.

Because if truth be told, I stopped being fun long before they were born, but they make a nice out for leaving the house or feeling like I need to have some form of plan other than kicking it couch potato style. The way I see it, as long as I'm not rocking a Forever Lazy then I'm not doing too bad.

Anyhow, I'm here today to close out the year with a "Best of 2011." I suppose "Best of" is false advertising because there was no official poll or really even any competition for the title other than my other posts each month. However, the posts described below represent the most popular (based on number of views). I had intended to document the whole year, but silly ole me forgot that this here blog didn't make it's debut until Memorial Day weekend. So I suppose I should alter the title to the Best of (the 2nd half of) 2011."

I attribute it to the popularity of Jersey Shore, but y'all love you some leopard print and zebra stripes. This also happens to be my most popular post of the entire year. ROAR!

I do love my writing center so I'm glad this one took the title.

I typically list products only after I have tested them out myself, but my math board went up at the start of the year and quickly became a favorite. I'm thrilled to say that I've been using it in my classroom all year and LOVE it.

This has always been a favorite annual activity in my class so I'm thrilled that so many of you had fun doing it with your classes too.

Ah yes...the magic button. And now I am so looking forward to the "Magic Month" of January through March when the kiddos as oh so focused.

The photos of this classroom are what inspired my own hanging lanterns.


Ironic that we end the list and the year with that one. :)

Once again thanks for an AMAZING 2011. I'll be back tomorrow to share with you my plans for 2012. Happy New Year friends!!!

Be sure to follow my blog and store  and Facebook Page for notification of the FreebiesClick here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.

4 comments:

  1. I would love to have the hanging lanterns, but the fire marshal says its a no no! I have Christmas lights hung around the room instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is between the desks holding book baskets?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you get the storage boxes that you use for seats around your kidney table?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think 'AUGUST: My Math Workshop Rotation Board' was your the best post.
    http://photoebookpublishing.com

    ReplyDelete