Friday, November 11, 2011

The Pottery Barn Classroom



When Hubby and I bought our first house, I was all about Pottery Barn.

But there was a glitch.

There are economic brackets in this world and we weren't exactly in the Pottery Barn bracket.

I started a blog (shocker, I know) titled, "Pottery Barn Taste on a Target Budget" and proceeded to fill our house with knock-offs (and a few actual PB pieces thrown in for good measure).

Point is, I love me some Pottery Barn. Have you all heard of the famous "Pottery Barn Classroom?" It was elusive. Some thought it to be a legend. It ranks with Big Foot and the Loch Ness Monster.

It seems that many years ago there were pics circulating on the internet of a cute, pastel-colored classroom that was dubbed, "the PB classroom." As you browse teacher message boards posts often surface asking about it. I think at one point there was an all out search crew trying that may have bordered stalking. :)

A few tiny pics were located. You need to squint. They can't be enlarged, but it may be just enough inspiration for you to create your own Pottery Barn classroom. And if you do go that route, might I suggest Target knock-offs?

I love how the chairs are all painted to match by table. I loathe the red chair in my classroom. Not enough to go out and buy 25 chairs, but enough that they bug me.

Be sure to follow my blog and store  and Facebook Page for notification of the FreebiesClick here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.

7 comments:

  1. Sigh. I remember seeing this classroom on proteacher and repeatedly going back to look at it--it is so lovely! Now I'm reathinking my design for next year!!
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love me some pottery barn too and if I could Id fill my house with EVERYTHING pottery barn, but I too am on a budget and target is my FAVORITE store along with z gallerie!! Your class looks great

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1) I'm a homeschool mom and love your blog,
    2) I read it on Google reader, so I'm not sure if I show up in your stats, but I haven't missed a post yet, and
    3) Pottery Barn classroom is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it just me, or does this classroom look enormous?! I mean, I guess that's the point, but I think the room is actually pretty large. *sigh* If I could just add on about two feet to the length and two to the width, I think I'd be happy. (said the Fisherman's wife)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You loathe the red chair in your room?? the one pictured beside the ultra cool leaf from IKEA? I'm thinking it just needs a funky throw laid over the back or some green and white gingham or red & green apple print thingies on the arms to tie it in with the rest. I LOVE that chair... it looks like a fabulous place to have a reader's theatre!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe some spray paint would work on the loathsome red chair. Worth a try. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love pottery barn! I was so excited by the photos I stopped reading trying to enlarge them, then I googled to see if I could get them bigger. Then I gave up and continued reading to discover... they can't be enlarged. I think this goes under the category of teasing!

    Red chairs... I love red chairs. Or black... either one will match.

    ReplyDelete

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...