Saturday, November 5, 2011

Let's Talk Turkey




Oh Saturday morning, how I love thee.

I designated yesterday as "Get it Done Day." My friends completed all of their odds and ends before going home. I was so excited by all of their finished products that I went back to school from 6-8:15 p.m. to copy, file and display everything.

I know how to live it up on a Friday night.

It feels so good to have all of the loose ends tied up going into the weekend.

We spent this week learning oodles about the Pilgrims and Wampanoags and working on a Portfolio Project that I designed to showcase all of their new knowledge. I have a wonderful "outside-the-box" class and I am so enjoying finding ways to add opportunities for creativity to our days.

Our music teacher invited me to come down and see a performance that she put together with my class yesterday. She explained they were doing an activity in class a few weeks ago and through a variety of idea contributions from the students, it evolved into a creative movement/dance performance that was amazing. I loved seeing them in that light. They were all in sync and beaming and proud to show off what they had created together as a team.

It was another reminder of how important it is to integrate the arts into education.

These pictures are of the bulletin board I put up last night. They include our Turkey in Disguise writing projects and our Favorite Thanksgiving Day Food projects. I displayed their work on paper plates and hot glued actual forks, knives, and spoons to showcase their writing. I'll put up some close-ups on the Turkey in Disguise projects tomorrow morning.

The Turkey in Disguise Kit was featured in detail on my blog recently.





Be sure to follow my blog and store  and Facebook Page for notification of the FreebiesClick here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I love your blog and your wonderful ideas! Can you tell me more about what a portfolio project is? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete