Sunday, November 27, 2011

A Gift the Keeps on Giving




I am so excited about this!

I came up with the idea and tested it out on my own little family.

It has been such an awesome, amazing, wonderful addition to our mealtimes. I truly love how it has changed the dynamic at our table and how it has connected our
family.
Every December I would struggle to come up with an idea for holiday gifts that my students could make for their families. Some of the obstacles I faced included time, cost, and level of difficulty. Many of my students came from non-traditional homes and would therefore need to produce more than one gift. Also, not all of my students celebrate the same holiday so I needed to come up with something that was versatile.

I did my fair share of snow, snowman, gingerbread, and other winter-themed projects. Knowing that my mother had saved each and every gift I brought home added additional pressure. However, as a parent myself I knew that people don’t necessarily want to see some oversized, glittery object presented to them to be displayed and cherished for all eternity. I really wanted to come up with an idea that was practical, personal, and useful.

To quote the Grinch, I puzzled and puzzled till my puzzler was sore and then I thought of something I hadn’t before...something perhaps that meant a little bit more.

I am so excited about my latest creation and hope you, your students, and their families will love it too. While it was designed as a holiday present, it could certainly be used at any time of year. They would also make wonderful and affordable gifts for your parent volunteers.




Be sure to follow my blog and store  and Facebook Page for notification of the FreebiesClick here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.

4 comments:

  1. I love this! I've added it to my wishlist for tomorrow's cyber shopping-fest!!
    2B Honey Bunch

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a truly wonderful idea!! I have often worn my "puzzler" out trying to think of something just like this...Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute idea!!! I love that it supports family interaction!
    Def. one I'll have to remember when I go back to teaching little peaople :)

    Happy Holidays!

    ❤ Mor Zrihen ❤
    A Teacher's Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks friends! I appreciate the feedback.

    ReplyDelete