Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Elapsed Time Timer - classroom management series


This post is part of my Classroom Management Series. Click here to read other posts from the series.

Well friends, I'm scratching my head.

I had set up a whole bunch of blog entries to post automatically last week and it turns out they didn't. Not only did they not post, but the
y've gone missing.

I'm not sure if it was a technical glitch or human error, however, since the latter requires me taking ownership for messing something up, I will go with the first. :)
So here I am. Reposting what I thought I posted. When we last left off I was praising the Online Egg Timer. Today I shall speak of another keep-on-task tool.

This is something I stumbled upon by chance.

I didn't initially purchase it for the classroom.

I bought it for my son during the summer that he boycotted naps, yet I needed my sanity. We implemented a 30 minute "quiet rest time" and I bought this to help put an end to the constant questioning of, "Is it time to get up yet?"

This timer provides a great visual for even the youngest learners.

I like to use it in my classroom for the students who sometimes need some assistance staying focused to complete a task. I find it really helps teach them how to manage their time.

I bought it at Lakeshore.

I don't use timers during parent/teacher conferences, but I know a lot of teachers do. I think this would be a great tool for that purpose. It won't make a rude buzzing or beeping sound to signal time is up, but it will be obvious.




managing a classroom classroom routines classroom procedures best practices classroom management ideas classroom management tips classroom management pictures classroom management strategies effective classroom management plan examples of classroom procedures elementary classroom procedures primary classroom procedures middle school classroom procedures kindergarten classroom procedures first grade classroom procedures sample classroom procedures manual harry wong first days of school rules routines daily classroom routines that really work children printable free freebie second grade third grade fourth grade fifth grade education behavior management clutter free classroom organized classroom tips for organizing a classroom

Be sure to follow my blog and store  and Facebook Page for notification of the FreebiesClick here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.

2 comments:

  1. Oh My Goodness! I just bought the large version of this timer for my classroom... Love it!
    Mrs. Wills Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. DeeDee: I can see why this would be awesome for Kindergarten.

    ReplyDelete

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...