Monday, August 29, 2011

Frugal Finds: FREE boxes in your school supply aisle.

I love me some Target any time of the year.

But, if I'm being honest, I must say that I get an extra rush of adrenaline when their seasonal display is transformed into a mecca of shiny notebooks, perfectly pointy crayons, and markers that are ready to perform in all of their rainbow glory. Serious endorphins people!

In addition to the perfection of back-to-schoolness and the bargains galore lies a real treat.
FREE BOXES!!! Sure you can stroll into most stores 365 days a year and walk away with free boxes, but only now will you find an abundance of colorful, sturdy treasures that are designed to hold classroom items. Most have minimal markings on them and are ideal for housing notebooks, folders or even your guided reading sets in your classroom.

Be respectful about it. I do my best to impersonate a Target / Walmart worker as I condense stray composition books into one box so that I may become the proud owner of the boxes they were scattered into.



Be sure to follow my blog and store  and Facebook Page for notification of the FreebiesClick here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.

3 comments:

  1. I just found your blog and I love it! I've just started a Bachelor of Education programme and look forward to being a teacher!

    One of your posts (and maybe more than that) mentioned The Daily 5 book and I thought, "Wow! I'm studying from that book!"

    Then this post mentioned using a box from a store to house guided reading sets. I JUST made a "Book Box" using a box I took from the school supply section at Walmart!

    Anyway, all of this is to say that being able to connect what I'm doing in school to your blog makes me feel like I'm on my way to becoming a "real" teacher.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been teaching for nine years, but using the daily five in second grade for the last two. You are in the right place at the right time. It sounds like you were destined to be a teacher, you have the mindset!

      Delete