Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Basket Labels - my classroom makeover




If you've been reading along all summer then you know about my love of tables in the classroom vs desks. While I keep all of the text books together on a shelf and there are pencil cups on each table, I felt that the students needed a place to keep their data notebooks and art boxes. I snagged these baskets from Dollar Tree. I opted for black because while I'm loving on my new aqua and lime green classroom, I know myself well enough to know that I'll be looking for a change by the end of the year and this will make it easy.
To make the baskets coordinate with the room, I double-mounted some fun scrapbook paper onto cardstock. I printed numbers in text boxes with bold borders on the computer and glued them onto the scrapbook paper.


You'll see in the photo below that they seemed to be missing "something." I liked them, but felt they needed to be tweaked a bit.


So I took a black marker and quickly outlined one layer and it was just the "POP" that it needed. I had contemplated outlining the card as a whole, but since they were being attached to black baskets it wasn't necessary.


Be sure to follow my blog and store  and Facebook Page for notification of the FreebiesClick here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.

7 comments:

  1. LOVE the idea!! I'm also interested in seeing more of the bulletin board above these baskets.....is it scrapbooking paper with kid's names so they can display work?? Do tell! :) THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!
    Your baskets look great!
    It's funny that one marker line can change the look of something so dramatically!
    I'm envious--and impressed.
    You've inspired me again!

    Kim
    http://joyin6th.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how your classroom is coming together! I love the basket labels! I'm also curious about the bulletin board in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm dying to see your whole room!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would really love to see the bulletin board above these baskets.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so excited to see someone else with a color scheme similar to mine. I have bright green, turquoise blue and jelly bean purple. It matches all the Buzz Lightyears floating around my room! It makes my heart happy to see someone else as obsessed as I am about decorating my class. Thank you so much for sharing your ideas. Love them all.

    ReplyDelete

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...