Wednesday, July 27, 2011

SPELLING ACTIVITIES TO USE W/ ANY WORD LIST



We have a list of spelling words that accompany our reading curriculum (Treasures). I use that as a guide, but differentiate my lists to meet the needs of my learners. This meant I needed to create activities that were open-ended in the sense that the students could be doing the same activity, but with their own personal word lists.

I use these with spelling lists, word study lists, vocabulary, and content area words. I also use them as homework pages. And they are great to leave when you have a sub. Oh, and if you are a "Daily 5er" then these rock for Word Work.

I finally organized them all into one packet. The packet includes:
  • TEN CENTER SIGNS - These are optional to use, but are great for letting the kids know what to do. Each sign prints as a 8.5 x 11 ince page and can be displayed in acrylic frames or just placed at the center.
  • MATCHING ACTIVITY PAGES-There are activity pages to go with each of the center signs, but can be used on their own as well as each has directions stated on them.
  • ADDITIONAL ACTIVITY PAGES-There are also 6 blacklined reproducible pages with additional activities.
  • HANDS-ON IDEA LIST-Includes a list of 10 hands-on activities that you can implement in your classroom or supply to the parents to use as homework.









Be sure to follow my blog and store  and Facebook Page for notification of the FreebiesClick here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the great spelling packet! It's awesome!
    Sally
    http://mrsosgroovygarden.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this post. I am working on a spelling process for our students, and while we already do many of these activities, your designs are so stinkin' cute.

    ~Kitty
    The Write Handed Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I just bought this! It looks awesome. Thank you:) And I just joined your site. I'm totally into clutter-free. I've reorganized the shelf above the kids' coats this summer, and it looks clean and lean now!

    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful

    ReplyDelete