Saturday, July 2, 2011

New Series: Setting Up Your Classroom



Happy July! I've received a lot of requests for additional themes and am therefore going to continue with my Classroom Theme Series, but it's time to kick off my next series: Setting Up Your Classroom. Although I cover a lot of these same topics in my Clutter-Free Classroom Guide, I am excited to bring you lots of pictures and ideas to help you get ready for the new year. In the next few weeks I'll be covering:
  • THE WHOLE GROUP MEETING AREA
  • SMALL GROUP AREAS
  • CLASSROOM LIBRARY
  • COZY READING NOOKS
  • THE TEACHER’S DESK
  • STUDENT SEATING
  • STUDENT SUPPLIES
  • COMPUTERS
  • THE WRITING CENTER
  • MATH AND MANIPULATIVES
  • LISTENING CENTERS
  • SCIENCE & SOCIAL STUDIES CENTERS
  • ARTS & CRAFTS SUPPLIES
  • MAIL & COMMUNICATION STATION
  • HOSTING A STUDENT TEACHER OR CLASSROOM AIDE
  • RECESS MATERIALS
  • STORING CURRICULUM
  • HOMEY TOUCHES
  • WORD WALLS
  • FOCUS WALLS
  • BUCKET FILLERS
  • LUNCH ORDERS
  • JOB CHARTS
  • BEHAVIOR BOARDS & CHARTS
  • BIRTHDAY DISPLAYS
  • STUDENT WORK DISPLAYS
  • WORK BOARDS
  • WELCOME BOARDS
If you have any photos or ideas you would like to have featured please send me an email @ littlestlearners at gmail dot com. I'm also going to be doing some Teacher Features to direct you to the amazing teachers who inspire me!! I can't wait to share the pictures and videos of my redesigned room as well.
how to set up a classroom classroom design class set up tool classroom set up tool set-up setting up an elementary school classroom kindergarten first 1st second 2nd third 3rd 4th fourth 5th fifth arrangement design organization arrange theme cleaning decluttering organized classroom preparing a classroom getting ready for the first day of school preparing a classroom first year teacher

Be sure to follow my blog and store  and Facebook Page for notification of the FreebiesClick here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.

25 comments:

  1. You are amazing!!! How do you do it??? Look forward to the new series coming up:)

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds terrific... I can't wait to see all the ideas! LOVE IT!
    Karen :o)
    Mrs. Stamp's Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very excited for this series, this will be my first time setting up a classroom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bring it baby! I'm already stockpiling! It's my FAVORITE time of the year!
    Reagan
    Tunstall's Teaching Tidbits

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait this is going to be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so excited! I just moved everything from my old room to my new room. I had muscle power with me and I had to do it in one day. So, my new room looks horrible!! There is clutter everywhere! I will follow along with you to make it beautiful again.
    Julie

    Thoughts of a Third Grade Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait!!! Organizing a Kindergarten room and all it's materials is a little overwhelming!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So excited!!! This is my absolute favorite blog :) AND this series will get me in gear to get my room ready!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love to organize things!! Therefore, your blog is perfect. You will have to check out our blog as we are going to post some pictures real soon of our "before" and "after" shots of our classrooms. We both have taught over 23 years each and it's amazing how much you collect over the years!! Can't wait to see your series!!
    Robynn
    http://www.rd-busybees.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait to read each of these pieces! I am slowly setting up my new room after someone who had been there for 25+ years moved out and left me everything. So I am purging and organizing and combining and labeling and sorting like CRAZY. But, I love every second of it! Thanks for what you do tell help us all stay organized!

    Mrs. Thompson

    Adventures in Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you! I am "organizationally challanged" and just moved into a new classroom. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm looking forward to this series!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait!!! Can you also share how you send home homework and student work? Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I caant wait! I'm loving all of the blogs that I am finding! I love to blog and I'm trying to decide if I should do a first grade blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't wait! I loved the classroom theme series!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love it!!! I work in a year round school... My classroom set up must begin Tuesday July 5th. I am known as one of the most organized teachers and LOVE the title!!!
    jknapp6@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Can't wait to see your ideas. I am a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I super love your ideas! If you are still taking suggestions for classroom themes, I'd be very interested in seeing a "Crayons" theme. I *heart* primary colors! For your new series, I can't wait to see about containers you use for organization!!! Thanks for sharing! With your help, I may just be organized some day . . .

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yay! Perfect. I'm changing schools and grade levels. This will be perfect to help!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm a new teacher, starting in the fall, and I could REALLY use some help in this department! Can't wait for this series. :)

    Magnificent Multiagers!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this blog...do you know when you are going to post the Wizard of Oz theme? It says June 30th & I keep checking, but I haven't seen anything yet! I'm just super excited! Thanks for providing such fabulous ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So excited to see what wonderful ideas you come up with! I had to move to a different SMALLER room so I will LOVE having some inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I a new teacher and I'm teaching in a VERY small room. I'm in 1/4 of a double-wide trailer... 4 teachers share 1 trailer. Can we say SMALL?!! I absolutely love your blog. Thanks so much for all your help. I'm buying your Jungle theme!
    http://estes-extras.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Can't wait to read about your ideas! I'll be sitting in front of my computer, eating up every word!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am looking for a nursery rhyme classroom theme. Do you have any ideas?

    ReplyDelete