Throughout the month of June, I am going to run a Classroom Theme Series and feature a different popular classroom theme
each day. Themes are a great way to tie everything in your classroom together...you just ha
ve to be careful not to let
them clutter your classroom :) Today we are going to hang ten and hit the waves with more beach ideas...this time we're also including Hawaii, Luau,
Tropical and Chicka Chicka Boom Boom ideas as well!
When I taught Kindergarten, I did a Chicka Chicka Boom Boom theme in my classroom. It was a great way to set up a fun and colorful classroom while incorporating the alphabet which was a huge focus for the year.
Click here to view/purchase this set.
Themed Classroom Kit is now available in my Teachers Pay Teachers Store. It includes all of the following items shown in the sample pictures below, plus more! Click here to view the kit.
Click on the photo to enlarge.
IDEAS FOR BULLETIN BOARD TITLES
- “Fin”tastic ________
- Behavior Bay
- Reader’s Reef
- Get “Hooked” on a Book
- Birthday Beach
- Whale of a Job
- Catch of the Day (calendar)
- Having a Ball in ___ Grade (Beach Balls)
- Surfin’ the Web (computer area)
- Work to Treasure
- Get into the Swim of Things
- Dive Into ____________
- ___ Grade is Oceans of Fun
- Get Caught Being Good (fish)
- We’re “Nuts” For ____ (palm tree with coconuts)
- Sands of Time (Calendar or Schedule)
- Whale of a “Tale” (writing board)
- We’re So Bright, We’ve Gotta Wear Shades (take pics of kids wearing sunglasses)
- We Really Dig _____ (accent with pails and shovels)
INSTEAD OF BORDER
- hang flowered leis around the board
- trim a grass skirt and hang it from the top of a board
- trim the board with festive lights. Party stores often sell fish, pineapples, surfboards, etc)
3D ELEMENTS TO ADD TO YOUR BOARDS AND CLASSROOM
- beach balls
- fishing bobbin
- inflatable fish
- tiki torches (remove the ‘torch’ part)
- fishing net
- boogie board
- flip flops
- Cut letters from sandpaper to make titles for your bulletin boards
- Plastic Shovels and sand toys
Create a large sand castle reading nook using a cardboard box and covering it with sandpaper.
Cover the windows in blue plastic wrap.
Hang fish and seaweed from the ceiling.
Use sand pails to hold supplies like pencils.
Bring in beach chairs.
Let the kids sit o beach towels when they are reading.
Use cardboard to make a surfboard.
Attention Getter: Teacher Says, “Surfs Up” and students say, “Hang Ten”
Use a Beach Cabana to create a cozy reading area.
Hang a grass skirt around a table and use the space underneath for storage.
Use a beach themed shower curtain to cover open shelving.
Make pillow cases and curtains from tropical themed fabric (Walmart sells it cheap)
Take a picture of each child wearing a pirate hat and eye patch or a flowered shirt and straw hat. Use them to mark cubbies/lockers.
Have a “Starfish of the Week” instead of a “Star of the Week.”
Spraypaint your metal trashcan blue. Use fish stamps to create a cool look.
beach theme classroom photos tropical theme classroom photos beach theme classroom pictures ideas for a beach theme ideas for a tropical theme classroom beach theme ocean theme classroom photos under the sea classroom photos
This is an actual table skirt, but you could create something similar with hula skirts from the Dollar Store and a glue gun. I had attached one on my desk.
ocean theme classroom beach theme classroom tropical theme classroom ocean themed classroom beach themed classroom tropical themed classroom photos pictures ideas bulletin boards free printables calendar job chart Thistlegirl Designs Seaside Sweeties Surfs Up thematic unit kindergarten first grade 1st grade second 2nd grade third 3rd grade fourth grade 4th grade fifth grade 5th grade