Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Preparing to Be Clutter-Free



Are you ready to get organized? The number one secret to being organized is having less stuff to keep organized. It sounds simple. And it can be. You just have to be in the right mindset to let go of "stuff" and start on your way to having your very own Clutter-Free Classroom. Over the course of the next few days I'll guide you with tips and tricks for not only decluttering your space, but I'll explain how it's possible to make money doing it.

Today we are going to cover Step 1: Preparing to be Clutter-Free

Your task is to gather some supplies that will help you tackle the clutter. Feel free to tweak the list in a way that will work for you, but here is what I suggest.

  • trash bags
  • a recycling bin
  • boxes or tubs to take home the things that you plan to sell this summer
  • dishpans or small boxes for sorting smaller items
  • cleaning products and rags
  • signs that read: trash, donate, recycle, keep, and relocate
As you can see in the above photo, I like to color-code my labels. It makes it easier to see at a glance where things are going as I quickly sort through the clutter. I also like to involve my students whenever possible. I think that organization is an important concept for them to learn, but more importantly it's a great opportunity to spend some time with them outside of the structured school day and makes them feel helpful and important. I usually will ask a couple of friends to come in to class 15-20 minutes before school throughout the year to help in the classroom.

Start gathering your supplies and warn the clutter that you are coming for it.

organizing a classroom, classroom organization, organization tips for teachers, setting up a classroom, classroom photos, photos of classroom organization, pictures of organized classrooms

Be sure to follow my blog and store  and Facebook Page for notification of the FreebiesClick here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.

4 comments:

  1. Love it! I'm moving classrooms and schools, so this was extremely important during my packing process. Can't wait to see the rest of the posts!

    Dana
    3rd Grade Gridiron

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog and look forward to learning ideas to be more organized! I am the queen of piles. I know which pile to find something in but it does take lots of time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just starting de-cluttering my storage closet today! Check out my post. I would LOVE any advice you could give!!

    Mrs. Lochel
    Keeping Up With The Kindergartners
    http://lochelskindergarten.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for all your organizational ideas and illustrative photos! I often help students in special ed organize their desks and bookbags and they struggle to maintain the order they've established. Appreciate your work. K.

    ReplyDelete

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...