Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Polka Dots and Spots Themed Classrooms

Throughout the month of June, I am running a Classroom Theme Series and feature a different popular classroom theme each day. Themes are a great way to tie everything in your classroom together...you just have to be careful not to let them clutter your classroom :) Today we are going to focus on a theme that "hits the spot!"












If you are looking for a theme or a means of tying everything in your room together and are hoping to do it on the cheap, then this is the theme for you. You can use a hole punch, bingo dabber, die cut circles or those circle stickers that come in primary and neon colors (many people use them for organizing books) to turn already existing items into polka-dot theme items. Another bonus is that you can color-coordinate your dots to a color scheme you like.


Buy paper plates at the dollar store. They come in a variety of colors and sizes. Hang them around the room or add letters to create a word wall.
Use polka dot ribbon (cheap at craft stores and Walmart) to create border.




Create a dot to dot figure making each dot have the name of each student in the classroom. You may use yarn to connect the dots with the students names. At the end when you connect all the dots you will have a figure and show students that together we can create anything possible using everyones mind! (idea source)


http://www.proteacher.net/discussions/showthread.php?t=246300&highlight=pictures

http://www.proteacher.net/discussions/showthread.php?t=48092


Ms. F's polka dot classroom

BULLETIN BOARD IDEAS:
Look Who Was Spotted ________
“Spot”tacular Work
Work that is Spot On
“Spot”light On _______
Find Your Spot in Mr/Ms _____’s Class
_____ Hits the Spot
BEHAVIOR BOARD
Spotted Making Good Choices
Which DOT Are You On?
MOOSE NOTEBOOK:
My D.O.T. Book (Daily Organizational Tool)




Ms. Noble's Polka Dot room:










Use scrapbook paper, wrapping paper to die cut letters or as a background for mounting items.
Use polka-dot fabric to make pillow covers, curtains or as bulletin board backgrounds.



Be sure to follow my blog and store  and Facebook Page for notification of the FreebiesClick here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.

14 comments:

  1. Thank you Thank you! This is the theme of my room. I had no idea others have used it too! It is so easy to do and keep up with! I found some new ideas here too!
    http://spotlightonkindergarten.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this idea! I'm moving to 6th from 1st and think this theme would be great for a sixth grade room if done just right! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for posting this theme. I love polka dots yet never thought to do this as a theme in my Kinder classroom.

    Ms. Stephanie
    A Teachers' Tales

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh I love polka dots!! I'm incorporating them into my beach theme next year :)

    Hadar

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh! That's my classroom! I check your blog daily and suddenly...there I am! I feel like a celebrity! :) Thank you so much for the "shout out."

    PS--Your blog is awesome and wait till you see my classroom next year...;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm such a sucker for polka dots!! This is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great idea of using polka dots as a theme. I plan to use my scrapbook materials to make cheap name tags and decor for the room. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the pics!! I was wondering if I could pin a few of them on pinterest?

    Miss J
    Smiles, Crayons, and Endless Stories

    ReplyDelete
  9. Could you tell me where the rug with the overlapping circles came from? I'm in love!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's my rug and I got it at an outlet store in North Carolina, I love it also! I put it away after a few years of kids not really using it but I think I've been inspired to pull it out again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the polka Dots.... This is my first year teaching and I am using polka dots in my room along with Zebra ? You have given me some great ideas!

    irish2ndgrade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Do you mind telling whether or not your reminder board is dry erase or not? If so, what did you use to make it? Thanks! Cool ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I too want to know what you used for the reminder board....

    ReplyDelete
  14. I decided to make this my theme this year and just googled "polka dot classroom" to find ideas. I just knew someone had done this already! - Great Ideas! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...