Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Hollywood Theme Classrooms {2011 Edition}




I currently have two different Hollywood themed classroom bundles available.  Together they include everything (with the exception of bulletin board borders and background paper/fabric) that you will need to create an amazing learning environment with a Hollywood / Movie Theme.

{click to purchase}

My Newest Hollywood Theme Packet can be found here and includes:







{click to purchase}

BASKET LABELS : 4 Different Styles (4.5 x 4.25)

NAME PLATES : 2 Different Styles in both blank and primary-ruled (9.25 x 3.5)

NUMBER CARDS / CALENDAR PIECES - 36 cards (3 in diameter)
I assign each student a number to avoid needing to redo things each year. The set includes #s 1-36. These would also make really cool calendar pieces.

WORD WALL SET
This set includes a title to display (8.5 x 11), a complete set of 4 alphabet cards (plus 2 blank ones), and 4 different styles of blank word cards measuring 8.5 x 3.25

JOB CARDS
Create your own job chart by selecting from these 36 different job cards.

BEHAVIOR CLIP CHART
This is a wonderful way to manage student behavior proactively and positively. The file contains a link to a detailed blog post explaining how I use it in my classroom.

MULTIPURPOSE LABELS
Includes both round and square labels.

WELCOME BANNER

CUSTOM BANNER
Use these 4 colorful cards to create a customized banner. The set includes all 26 letters as well as an apostrophe and an exclamation point.
PENNANT BANNER
10 different styles of pennants along with special pennants titled with grades PreK-6th Grade. 







PLAN BOOK / GRADE BOOK COVER
SCHEDULE CARDS-52 cards

{click here to purchase this packet}


4 Passes (Boys, Girls, Nurse, and Hall)
Welcome Postcards
Star of the Week Template
Bookmarks
2 Reading Logs
Lesson Plan Book Template
Locker / Cubby / Nametags
2 Thank You Cards
2 Communication Book Covers
Communication Page Template
Job Board Title
13 Job Cards (including blank)
12 Calendar Titles
36 Calendar Squares (including birthday, field trip, assembly and blank)
Blockbuster Work Bulletin Board Title Sign
Meet the Cast Bulletin Board Title Sign
Blank Bulletin Board Sign for you to Label
Lights, Camers, Read Bulletin Board Title Sign
A Star is Born Birthday Bulletin Board Title Sign
12 Monthly Title Cards for Birthday Bulletin Board
Note Paper - to plan your theme
Hollywood Word Bank - to help brainstorm even more ideas
Ideas -A collection of ideas to bring your theme together



  • Get Caught Reading has pictures of celebrities reading that would make great decorations for a Hollywood Themed Classroom.
  • Use scene setters on a wall for a dramatic effect.
  • If you do a class store as a reward system you could title it, “Rodeo Drive.”
  • Set up a mailbox for messages and title it, Fan Mail.
  • Get lanyards and make VIP Passes for the bathroom and nurse.
  • Decorate a director’s chair with fabric paint for your meeting area.

Newsletter Names


  • Live from the Red Carpet
  • Hollywood Review
  • Celebrity News
  • Behind the Scenes

Back to School / Open House Gift Ideas:


  • Sunglasses
  • Microwave Popcorn-Thanks for popping in!
  • Candy - Movie Theater kinds
  • Star Eraser
  • Tickets - Homework Passes
  • Glittery Pencil
  • Costume Jewelry or Bowtie
  • Hollywood Silly Bandz
Word Wall:

  • Hollywood Walk of Words
  • These Words Keep Popping Up ~ put letters on popcorn cutouts
  • HollyWORD Wall
Bulletin Board Titles:

  • Places Everyone ~ Place Value/Math Board or Seating Chart
  • Setting the Stage for _______ ~ Can be used with essentially any subject.
  • Now Showing ~ Used to display the current read aloud)
  • Coming Soon ~ Upcoming topics or books
  • Concessions ~ classroom refridgerator or where the lunches / snacks are stored
  • Star-Studded Social Studies
  • Setting the Scene for Science
  • Glamorous Grammar - use feather boa for border
  • Ritzy Writing
  • Stage Right - Writing Stages
  • Movie Star Math - write vocabulary words on star cutouts
  • Celebrity Autographs - cute board for when/if your class learns cursive
  • Paparrazi - Display photos of the students at work on projects throughout the year.
  • ______ Grade Is Reel Fun
Behavior Board
Quiet on the Set
“Reel”y Good Behavior
OSCAR ~ Our Students Can Act Responsibly

Use a clapboard and make each consequence be Take 1, Take 2, Take 3, etc)
Use clipart of megaphones to show appropriate noise levels.

Ideas for Reading Group/Table Names:


  • Concessions (Twizzlers, Snow Caps, Junior Mints, etc)
  • Genres (Comedy, Drama, Family, Suspense, etc)
  • Streets (Rodeo Drive, Hollywood Boulevard, Sunset, Vine, etc)
  • Studios (Dreamworks, Paramount, MGM, Pixar, etc)
  • Awards (Oscars, Grammys, Golden Globes, Tonys, Emmys)


{source}


{source}

{source}


{source}


{source}

{source}

{source}

{source}

{source}

{source}

{source}


















































I think 3D elements are great. Aren't those popcorn containers on the door super cute?
The clapboard word wall headings are adorable.






Please visit my Classroom Themes Page for photos and ideas for just about every classroom theme you could imagine (with more being added weekly).

Also, check out my Pinterest Boards...chock full of classroom themes and all things related to primary and elementary classrooms.
Throughout the month of June, I am going to run a Classroom Theme Series and feature a different popular classroom theme each day. Themes are a great way to tie everything in your classroom together...you just have to be careful not to let them clutter your classroom :) Today we are saying, "Hooray for Hollywood!"

classroom themes classroom photos Hollywood classroom hollywood themed classroom movie themed classroom ideas for bulletin boards classroom theme photos classroom organization ideas for elementary teachers first grade second grade third grade fourth grade fifth grade preschool kindergarten pictures of classrooms with a Hollywood theme


Be sure to follow my blog and store  and Facebook Page for notification of the FreebiesClick here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.

16 comments:

  1. Amazing! I am using a garden theme this year; can't wait to see your ideas!

    ReadWriteSing

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome! I've been thinking about doing a "stars" theme for awhile. I was married two years ago and am now Starnes. I have been trying to think of something to do without being "stars" like stars in the sky.

    I think Starnes' Stunning Stars with a Hollywood theme is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I've never done a theme before but I love the Hollywood look! There are some really creative teachers out there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Hollywood theme is awesome!!!! It almost made me change my mind on my safari/jungle theme. However, I'm just gonna stick with my safari/jungle theme for year number 2 and just make some things a little more creative. Can't wait to see what updates you have for the safari/jungle theme this year!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the collection of ideas. Our theme is Global Missions. I'd thought I would change it up each nine weeks since Global can be pulled off in so many different ways. Love to hear your thoughts.

    Cheryl
    Primary Graffiti

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving this!!!!! I think you should do a Dr. Seuss themed post because that's what I want to do next year!!!!! :)
    -Rachelle
    whattheteacherwants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you just posted this today because it is the exact theme that I have planned for my classroom this next school year. I teach 6th grade, but am still excited to have this in my room. I actually took over for the job at the end of March and have been doing a lot of rearranging the past few weeks. The kids keep telling me how much they love all of the Hollywood stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am planning a frog theme if you get around to doing that I would love to see what you come up with!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. FANTASTIC stuff!

    www.littlemisskindergarten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is WONDERFUL! I am having major classroom envy right now. I work at a Boys and Girls Club and our walls are loaded with bulletin boards, but we are lucky to get paper once every 2 years to recover them! These look so great and I am sure they are incredibly effective visual aids.

    Hollywood would be a great theme for a classroom- think off all the lessons you could do with game shows and reality shows and movies! Here is a link to Hollywood activities and lessons we had for our elementary age summer camp: http://corduroysbutton.wordpress.com/2011/11/07/club-hollywood-camp/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!! I am so impressed with everyone's ideas! I also have a bulletin board that is the STAR SPOTLIGHT board to feature the student of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I did a Hollywood Theme this year as well! If you would like to check it out, you can visit my blog at: http://thrivingthirdgraders.blogspot.com/2012/03/my-2011-2012-hollywood-classroom.html
    Feel free to link my photos to your scroll! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG!!!!!!! You cannot imagine my excitement level when I discovered this post!!!!!!!!
    This is my theme next year and I just bought your unit off TpT.
    THANK YOU for all of these wonderful resources!!!

    ❤ Mor Zrihen from...
    A Teacher's Treasure
    Teaching Treasures Shop

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this idea! I'm going to do it! What did you use for your red carpet and black carpet?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was wondering where you got the borders that you used in the classroom? My campus is doing a Hollywood theme this year and I'm trying to load up before its time to get ready for the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was very inspired by your blog post!!! I did a Hollywood theme this year and I have lots of pics on my new blog at Flying Into First Grade

    ReplyDelete