Thursday, June 30, 2011

Groovy 70s Themed Classrooms

Throughout the month of June, I am going to run a Classroom Theme Series and feature a different popular classroom theme each day. Themes are a great way to tie everything in your classroom together...you just have to be careful not to let them clutter your classroom :) Today we are feeling groovy with a 70s theme!

I definitely met my match on this theme. It was very hard to find resources to use, but I came up with a few ideas. If you have any pictures you would like featured or know of any you want to share let me know and I'll update this page. You can email me at littlestlearners at gmail dot com.

As I was thinking about it, I thought it might be fun to incorporate some of the things that were popular in the 70s, but have come around again...like the Smurfs. Here are some Smurf ideas. Gosh, I loved the smurfs.

Perhaps you could do a play on the Brady Bunch and create a bulletin board with the kids looking up, down, left, right and place them on a grid titled the "(Your Last Name) Bunch"

Billo is a great 70s style font that you can download free from dafont.




BULLETIN BOARD IDEAS:
Use tye-dye fabric as the background. If it were me, I would buy a white sheet and tye-dye it.
Use album covers from 70s artists
Buy a large piece of suede

BORDER:
fringe
beads
WELCOME BOARD:
“Hustle” in to __’s Class”
Welcome to Mr./Mrs. ______’s Crib
A Groovy Class
STUDENT WORK BOARD:
Work That Sparkles (w/ disco ball)
Far Out Work
I “Lava” This Work (with lava lamps)
Can You Dig it?
Dy-No-Mite
Groovy Grammar
Saturday “Write” Fever
Right On Reading
“Write” On
On the “Write” Track using 8 tracks
JOB BOARD: Hip Helpers
Hang beaded curtains.
Add beanbags to the classroom.
Add a few lava lamps to the classroom.

Carson-Dellosa's Paisley Border



READY LETTERS

70s theme classroom ideas ideas for a 70s classroom theme pictures of a 70s theme classroom classroom themes

Be sure to follow my blog and store  and Facebook Page for notification of the FreebiesClick here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.

6 comments:

  1. Too cute! Boy does that Brady Bunch pic bring back the memories!!!! Thanks for sharing:)

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing! I have been waiting on this one!!! I know what you mean about having a hard time finding ideas. I have been searching and searching. I did find some things on ProTeacher. Thanks again for the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our school's theme this year is "Peace*Love*Learn" too cute. I am drawing a beetle on neon poster board and on the front license plate (tye-dye pattern of course) putting Peace*Love*2nd Grade

    Shindigz has some great stuff for this theme! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love everything...thank you! Were going retro, so all ideas are FABULOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome Ideas! My class has a 60/70's theme naturally...You have inspired me to take some pics and share! I appreciated your additional ideas too! Check me out at 5thgradetomfoolery.blogspot.com. Thanks again! Teri

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can purchase party decorations to go with this theme at Party City. They have "scene setters" that feature a man and woman in disco attire that are about five feet high (I think I paid about $5.99). You can also take birthday party tablecloths (plastic or paper) and cut down to fit your bulletin board.

    ReplyDelete

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...