Sunday, June 12, 2011

Frog Themed Classrooms


Throughout the month of June, I am going to run a Classroom Theme Series and feature a different popular classroom theme each day. Themes are a great way to tie everything in your classroom together...you just have to be careful not to let them clutter your classroom :) Today we are going to hop into a frog theme!

My 20 Page Frog Themed Classroom Kit is now available in my Teachers Pay Teachers Store. It includes all of the following items shown in the sample picture above, plus more! Click here to view the kit.


Take a Leap Into . . . .
___ is Just a Hop, Jump and a Leap Away
LIBRARY:
Read It, Read It
BIRTHDAY BOARD:
Hoppy Birthday
NEWSLETTER:
What’s Hoppening
BEHAVIOR MANAGEMENT:
Hop To It With Good Conduct
Don’t Be a Bully-Frog




For a "whole class" reward system, like marbles in a jar," call it "Feed the Frog" and put up a large cutout of a frog with a big mouth. Draw a grid in his mouth. Buy those inexpesive little plastic flies and fill the grid each time the class earns it. When it's full, host a special party, movie, etc. (Or Call it F.R.O.G. awards... For Reaching Our Goal)
JOB CHART:
Hop to It
Hoppin Good Helpers
Handy Hoppers



WELCOME BOARD:
"Welcome to My Pad"
Welcome to ___ Grade...I’m “Hoppy” You’re Here!
Leap Into a New Year
We’re Awfully “Pond” of ___ Grade
STUDENT WORK DISPLAY
"Toad"ally Awesome Work
Frogtastic Work





Use fly swatters to read the room.
Refer to your meeting area as “The Pond.” Use a blue rug with green pillows.
Use artificial cattails on your bulletin boards or around the room in tall vases.
Put frog images as your screensaver.
Get a pet frog for the classroom.




HOP ON OVER TO THESE LINKS FOR FREE PRINTABLES & CLASSROOM TOURS

FREE FROG PRINTABLES

Mrs. Walker’s Frog Themed Classroom
Mrs. Robinette’s Classroom
Miss Renee’s Pad

frog theme frog themed classroom pictures photos ideas bulletin boards thistlegirl designs froggy


Be sure to follow my blog and store  and Facebook Page for notification of the FreebiesClick here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.

8 comments:

  1. It amuses me to see how many teachers use those Happy, Sad, Crying frogs for behavior! I have them too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have those frogs, also!
    I use frogs with crowns with a castle theme.
    Oh how I would love to see a castle theme posted here....always looking for new ideas and changing things up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. REPLIES:

    @Sunny-You're very observant. I thought it was funny that they were so common too.

    @Cand-I'll be featuring a Fairy Tale theme soon and there will be castle items included :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the frog theme! I can't wait to go purchase it on TpT. Again, thanks so much for your ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok..I just bought the frog pool, but I have to get the frog pocket chart. Can anybody help out with ideas where I can purchase it? I have looked all over the web. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That pocket chart was handmade by a parent. I wanted it as well and the teacher had wrote about it on her site!

      Delete
  6. Awwww, frogs!!! My classroom is frog themed!!! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a frog themed classroom as well. You can find some pictures on my blog!
    Primaryreadingparty.blogspot.com/search/label/Classroom%20pictures

    Cindy @primaryreadingparty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete