Sunday, June 5, 2011

Farm Themed Classrooms

Throughout the month of June, I am going to run a Classroom Theme Series and feature a different popular classroom theme each day. Themes are a great way to tie everything in your classroom together...you just have to be careful not to let them clutter your classroom :) Today we are going to spend some time down on the farm!

I wasn't planning on making a classroom theme kit for this theme, but perhaps if time allows. I do have a thematic farm unit available for grades preK-3rd. It includes 36 pages of printables for only $4.00. Click here to view/purchase it.
I usually start the year with a reading of Charlotte's Web so my hallway board may be farm themed. I did a Charlotte's Web Themed Open House last year. You can see pictures from that here: Open House Photos










I'm not at all handy and wouldn't have the slightest inkling of how to build this, but boy is it cute!


This teacher's classroom is downright lovely all over. Visit her blog to see the rest of her neat, organized room.

Bulletin Board Ideas:

Moo, oink, cluck! The whole herd welcomes you baaaaaack to school.

The barn door is open for ..... name the students.

The K-Crew Farm Unit

Be sure to follow my blog and store  and Facebook Page for notification of the FreebiesClick here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.

2 comments:

  1. Your ideas are tooo cute! I keep checking back for the beach/tropical theme ideas! Thanks for everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't resist - I made a book barn like Reagan Tunstall's this summer... I can't wait to see the kids' reactions next month!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

    -Jenn O.
    Seriously Primary

    ReplyDelete