Thursday, June 2, 2011

Camping Themed Classrooms





My Original Camping Themed Classroom Packet has a perfect rating on TPT (be sure to check out all the positive feedback from buyers). It includes all of the printable items shown in the sample picture below, plus more including: 
  • Deskplates, 
  • 4 Passes (Boys, Girls, Nurse, and Hall)
  • Welcome Postcards
  • Star of the Week Template
  • Bookmarks
  • 2 Reading Logs
  • Lesson Plan Book Template
  • Locker / Cubby / Nametags
  • Thank You Cards
  • 2 Communication Book Covers
  • Communication Page Template
  • 12 Calendar Titles
  • Calendar Squares 
  • Bulletin Board Title Cards
  • Note Paper - to plan your theme
  • Camping Word Bank Template - to help brainstorm even more ideas
{download this original classroom theme packet here}

{download this original classroom theme packet here}


My New Camping Themed Classroom Packet includes 125 pages of printables. 
  • Job Chart
  • Clip Chart {imo, the BEST form of classroom management}
  • Basket Labels
  • Multipurpose Labels
  • Number Cards
  • Nameplates
  • Word Wall Set {including title, alphabet and blank word cards}
  • Welcome Banner
  • Custom Banner
  • Pennant Banner
  • Plan Book / Grade Book Cover
  • Schedule Cards
{See a full product description and download a free preview here}

{See a full product description and download a free preview here}

{See a full product description and download a free preview here}




    I did the Camping Theme for the 2006-2007 school year and it's one of my favorites. 

    That is completely ironic because I make no secret about the fact that I hate nature.
    I'm far from being a girly-girl, but bugs and dirt are not my thing. Plus, I'm a total hypochondriac and pretty much convince myself that every mosquito bite will lead to Triple E and that if I step foot off of the pavement I will contract Lyme Disease. Disney's Wilderness Lodge is as rustic as this girl will ever get. But, the theme was fun.



    So without further babble, I present you with a collection of ideas to help get your Camping Theme underway.
    BULLETIN BOARD TITLES:
    • S’More Good Work
    • Camp Learn-a-Lot
    • Camp Fire Stories (Writing Board)
    • Hike into ________
    • Camping Out With a Good Book
    • Spotlight on Good Work (with flashlights)
    • ______ is a Picnic
    • Making Tracks in ______
    • Mountain of Good Work
    • Reach the Summit
    • Fired Up for ______ (with a campfire)
    • Glowing Good Work (with fireflies)
    • We’ve Got Our Sight Set on ______ (binoculars)
    • Lodge Rules
    • Don’t Be a Little Stinker, Follow the Rules (with a skunk)
    • Whooooo’s Here Today (with an owl)
    • What a Catch
    • These Boots Are Made for _______ (hiking boots)
    • Now We’re Cooking (grill)
    PHOTO DISPLAYS:
    • Take Only Pictures, Leave Only Footprints
    • Star-Gazing (stars with pics)
    • Mr./Mrs. ________’s Happy Campers

    WELCOME BOARD
    • This Year Will be PACKED With Fun (with hiking packs)
    • Look Who’s Camping Out in _________
    JOB CHARTS:
    • Camp Chores
    • We All Pitch In (with a tent)
    WORD WALL
    • Word Woods
    • Word Watching (with birds and binoculars)


    BIRTHDAYS
    • Bug Jars (jar for each month with bugs inside for each child)


    BULLETIN BOARD BACKGROUNDS

    • Earthy-Toned fabrics or craft paper
    • flannel
    • red and white checkered table clothes
    • maps
    • tye-dyed (like camp shirts)
    3D ELEMENTS TO ADD TO BOARDS

    • bag of marshmallows
    • sticks
    • graham cracker box
    • Hershey bar wrappers
    • paper plates (on red checkered background)
    • plastic bugs (hot glue on to fabric)
    BORDER IDEAS
    • pine garland (available in most craft/dollar stores and super cheap after Christmas)
    • camp themed lights

    CLASSROOM ITEMS
    • tent
    • sleeping bags
    • artificial Christmas trees
    • logs/tree stumps for sitting on
    • camp chairs
    • coolers for sitting on (also great for storing items inside)
    • picnic baskets
    • fishing poles
    • Woodland Stuffed Animals
    • Flashlights










    MISC IDEAS

    • Use Woodsy-themed or flannel fabric to make pillow cases.
    • Instead of just numbering tables refer to them as “Camp Sites”
    • Use tackle boxes as supply boxes.
    • Create a Survival Guide as your welcome letter and info to parents.
    • Instead of bathroom passes I made outhouse passes.
    • Use flashlights to “read the room” or for word wall games.
    • Make a CD of nature sounds to play.
    • Provide Lincoln Logs for recess/choice time.

    How to Make a Campfire:

    Inspiring Images from Teachers Classrooms Found Online:






    {source}

    {source}

    {source}

    {source}

    {source}







    {source}

    {source}

    {source}

    {source}

    {source}

    {source}

    Camping Theme Classroom Camping Theme Classroom Photos Camping Theme Classroom Pictures Pictures of Camping Theme Classroom Photos Camping Theme Classroom Camping Themed Classroom Camping Themed Classroom Photos Camping Themed Classroom Pictures Pictures of Camping Themed Classroom Photos of Camping Themed Classroom Ideas for Camping Theme bulletin boards printables DJ inkers camping DJ inkers moose 1st grade 2nd grade  3rd grade  4th grade  5th grade  6th grade  kindergarten first grade second grade  third grade fourth grade fifth grade sixth grade homeschool science planting 
    Also be sure to check out my other original CAMPING themed classroom decor packets in my teacher store as well as the Clutter-Free Classroom's Guide to Classroom Decor. Click the image to see more details.

    {Click to Access and Download the Clutter-Free Classroom Guide to Classroom Decor}
     



    Be sure to follow my blog and store  and Facebook Page for notification of the FreebiesClick here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.
    Keywords: Camping theme classroom, first grade, second grade, third grade, fourth grade, fifth grade, sixth grade, kindergarten, preschool, homeschool, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, decorations, decor, bulletin boards, free, printables, editable, customizable, alphabet, math, word wall, birthday, job chart, schedule, clip chart, table numbers, name tags, desk plates, bookmarks, tropical theme, luau theme, ocean theme, under the sea theme, fish theme, newsletter, bathroom passes, clock labels, dismissal chart, behavior plan


    11 comments:

    1. I teach just math and would love to see a math theme! If you ever make one please post it so I can purchase it.

      Thanks!

      ReplyDelete
    2. I love all the photos, they're really inspiring!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Do you think that you will be doing a cowboy or wild west theme? That is what my unit will all be doing next year. Any ideas would be appreciated!

      ReplyDelete
    4. How do I order your camping things from Tpt Website? When I click on your link nothing comes up? What should I search on Tpt website?

      ReplyDelete
    5. How awesome!! I loved your camping idea so much that I posted it on my blog for teachers to steal for their classroom: http://our-scott-spot.blogspot.com/2011/07/fun-find-friday-teacher-edition.html

      ReplyDelete
    6. I teach gr 1-3 and wanted to do camping theme this year!found some great ideas here.Thanks!!this theme was a real hit!have the tent n fire etc.

      Random thots from a teachers desk.blogspot.com

      i dont know how to link it but heres mine

      ReplyDelete
    7. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog and enjoy seeing all of the creative themes you've come up with! I can only imagine how incredible your students must feel when they walk in the first day!

      I have a camping themed classroom job chart I'd love for you to take a look at!

      ReplyDelete
    8. I love this! I have just taken notes from all of your great ideas and starting working on next year's theme. I realize this year isn't over yet, but it was my first year teaching, and I am already working on what to do differently next year. I am so ready for next year to start!!
      Thank you for sharing the details for this great idea. I just love your blog, and it really tempts me to start one of my own just to figure out the "linky" stuff! I am jealous of your students--I bet it is so much fun in your class. Happy teaching, and Enjoy your Summer!! Mrs K.

      ReplyDelete
    9. Awesome as usual! I also love teaching and camping and have a webpage to help teachers brainstorm ideas for camping themes. I linked your page to my site, so everyone can check out your great products. Keep them coming! :)
      http://www.squidoo.com/camping-themed-classroom

      ReplyDelete
    10. Adorable..your style of expressing thoughts inspires me a lot..

      ReplyDelete
    11. Where did you/what company makes those woodland creatures that you had up on your bulletin boards?

      ReplyDelete

    You may also enjoy...

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...