Monday, June 13, 2011

Bug Themed Classroom

Throughout the month of June, I am going to run a Classroom Theme Series and feature a different popular classroom theme each day. Themes are a great way to tie everything in your classroom together...you just have to be careful not to let them clutter your classroom :) Today we are going to get buggy!


I was planning out a ladybug theme and realized it would be better to combine all bugs. I’ve already posted a theme specific to bees so you’ll want to check that out. You may want to combine a bug theme with a garden theme and also check out the frog theme page because many of the titles and ideas could be applied to grasshoppers.


WELCOME BOARD:
Welcome to the Hive
Fluttering into ___ Grade
Buggy About ___ Grade
Flying into __ Grade
Hop on In (grasshoppers)
STUDENT WORK BOARD:
We’ve Been As Busy As Bees
Bee-utiful Work
Buzzing With Good Work
We’re Soaring High (butterfly)
Great Work Spotted (ladybug)
Work the Glows (lighnting bugs)
On the Trail of Good Work (ants in a line)


LIBRARY:
Catch the Reading Bug
Buzz-Worthy Books
Create a Reading Garden
BIRTHDAY:
Bug Jars
CALENDAR/MESSAGE BOARD:
The Buzz
CONTENT AREA BOARDS:
Hopping History
________ is a Real Picnic



BEHAVIOR BOARD:
BUG=Being Unusually Good
Spotted Being Good (ladybug)
JOB BOARD
Busy Bees
Worker Bees
Busy Bugs
Hard-Workers (ants)



GENERAL IDEAS:
Combine the bug theme with the garden theme.
Our school participates in the BUG program (Bringing Up Grades)
Hot glue plastic bugs onto magnets and use to hang things.
Use bug images on your computer desktop.






Be sure to follow my blog and store  and Facebook Page for notification of the FreebiesClick here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.

10 comments:

  1. Looks great have you thought of a Dr. Seuss theme?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cute ideas! I am so super excited about your upcoming frog theme. I can't wait to see your cute ideas. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your ideas! Do you have any ideas for an owl theme??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been waiting for you to do a ladybug/bug theme. The ideas are fantastic! Are you going to sell any printables?

    ReplyDelete
  5. How about a detective theme??? That will be our school-wide theme next year and I am trying to put something together since there are very limited bulletin board merchandise out there......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok.. now I am adding bugs to my garden theme!! LOL {too cute}

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am beyond excited to see 2 of my very own classroom pics on your site!!
    I'm doing zebra stripes this year...I saw a few on the jungle theme, anymore ideas out there?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute! I am looking for a bird/owl theme. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whooooooooo knew?
      Second Grade is such a HOOT !!!

      Delete
  9. I am looking for butterfly ideas to go along with my garden ideas.

    ReplyDelete