Thursday, June 9, 2011

Breaking Down the Task of Decluttering

This post is part of my series on decluttering your classroom. If you are just joining us, you'll want to start here.

We're still in the planning process of decluttering. It’s important to break the task of decluttering your classroom down into smaller, manageable parts.


And because I love you, I've created this free printable to help you do just that.


You can download it here.


Pick a wall in your classroom to start with. That is wall number 1. Going clockwise, the other walls become walls 2, 3, and 4.


Examine each wall and list all of the closets, drawers, shelves, bins, and boxes that it houses in the appropriate box.


This will transform a potentially overwhelming job into chunks that are easier to tackle, provide you with a comprehensive checklist so that no nook or cranny gets overlooked, and supply you with a visual resource to track your progress. Imagine how good its going to feel to start crossing things off.



Be sure to follow my blog and store  and Facebook Page for notification of the FreebiesClick here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this great resource. I was able to only work on one wall today and this really kept me focused. I hope to continue tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...