Random Bullets About Me...
- On a personal note I have been married for 9 years and have a 6 year old son and 2 year old daughters. We live in an itty-bitty house with a white picket fence in the neighborhood in which I teach at a school which I adore. All of those things make me very, very happy!
- Teaching is not only my job, it is my hobby and my passion. I am so grateful to be in a position I love that also provides me the opportunity to spend lots of time with my family. I don't sleep much, but that's another story!
- I have taught preschool, Kindergarten and grades 1-3.
- My favorite professional experience was doing a 1st/2nd grade loop (the entire class sang at my wedding at the end of the 2nd year).
- There were no jobs in Massachusetts when I graduated, so I moved to Florida to start my career with the plan to move home in 2 years. I followed the plan and regret it each winter.
- The most unexpected thing that ever happened to me was finding out I was having identical twins. I'm a planner. Big time! This certainly taught me that I only have so much control over things.
My favorite place to visit...My littles...
Camden, Bailey & Avery
How I Spent My Summer Vacation...
A whole bunch of years ago I was asked by my former principal to put together a two-hour workshop on how to set up a classroom for the new teachers in the district as part of their orientation days. I instantly fell in love with working with teachers and helping to organize their classrooms. My two-hour workshop transformed into a week-long program where I was able to get into the classrooms and help them set up. I now also work with veteran teachers on decluttering and reorganizing their spaces. So. much. fun!
I started a website and then a blog for teachers. I was a bit of a blogging pioneer at the time (circa 2008) and am thrilled that the concept has caught on like crazy because I have gained so much and grown as a teacher in so many ways thanks to all of you.
My original blog included useful information for teachers and useless babble about my life...with a bunch of pictures of my cutie-pie kids (offspring not students) sprinkled throughout. I loved connecting with educators from around the globe, but was starting to feel that my blog was ironically becoming "cluttered." So here I am. I started fresh with a new blog that is purely dedicated to the classroom...specifically "THE CLUTTER-FREE CLASSROOM."
So here I am now. I post daily about ways to organize and manage your classroom. I'm looking forward to sharing what I do in my room throughout the year. I bombard you with photos and link you to amazing teachers who will motivate you to be the best teacher you can be.
Oh, and if you like the chatter and obnoxious "hey look at my kids" photos then by all means pop by the original blog. I'll still be babbling over there too on occasion.
I would love to hear from you: email@example.com
Be sure to follow my blog and store and Facebook Page for notification of the Freebies. Click here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.